Book of Compline prayers

Has anybody read this particular book, and if so, is it an authentic version of the compline prayers? Would it be worth buying for my prayer table?

getfed.com/displayproduct.cfm?JP=1003742

Yes, from what I can make out of the picture, it looks like it’s exactly the same as in the full Liturgy of the Hours book.:slight_smile:

It’s a book of prayers for Compline along with footnotes and comentary.

It’s not one of the books in the 4 Volume set on the Liturgy of the Hours, but it looks like this book helps you learn how to do Compline. It be a good start.

Jim

Update on 9 November. Both that book and the one on Sunday Vespers arrived. After reading them over, I would regard them as winners. Both books are well laid out, and make it easy to find out with version of Compline and Vespers is to be used on which day.

I work Mondays through Saturdays at the Post Office, 3 PM to 11:30 PM or even later, getting home after midnight. Compline seems to be the ideal way to wind down and get ready for the night.

Sunday Vespers fits into my schedule as well. Sunday is my day off, with RCIA in the morning and AA at 7:30 - 9:00 PM. Vespers fits in nicely as a post-AA activity. Then a couple hours of R&R, along with adoration of the cats, ending up with Compline. It all seems to fit so well into my schedule.

Sounds great!

God Bless
Jim

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.