Book of James

Hi everyone! I’m going to a protestant bible study with my husband (who is protestant) tonight and I just wanted to know what I should keep in mind… I don’t intend to get in an argument with anyone there or anything regarding James relation to Jesus or anything. I guess I just want to know if there is anything that I should know before I go into this.

I am very much catholic, but my husband really wants to do this study together so I’ve decided to do it. He does come to Mass with me and is very supportive so I thought I should be too.

I would just suggest that you go with the intent to listen and not really participate so much. Think of it more as an “audit” of a class more than you are 'taking" the class.

That said…If the Catholic Church comes up - especially in some negative way - you certainly can pipe up.

Peace
James

I'd recommend pondering the meaning of these words:

In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

(James 2:17)

Ask them what is the difference between a dead faith and a living faith and what causes a faith to be alive.

:)

Consider preaching by example, and if they ask a question you don’t immediately know the answer to, tell them you’ll get back to them rather than trying to come up with a potentially incorrect answer on the fly. :o

closed #5

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.