Book of Mormon says the Holy Spirit "Hissed forth"

This just creeps me out! Instantly reminds me of the Serpent aka Satan/Lucifier.

Any Mormons willing to explain?

Which recension of the Book of Mormon are you talking about?

What deceased Living Prophet Joseph Smith called “the most correct book of any book on earth” has been changed 5,000 times.

The story of Adam and Eve has Satan being a Snake

Moses however used a serpent on a rod as a means to heal and as a type of Christ. I don’t think assuming all things that can be connected with a snake are devil related.

Isiah 5:26 (KJV) uses the term “hiss” so I think we are safe.

It’s just another BoM lift from the King James bible:

And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth: and, behold, they shall come with speed swiftly:
-Isa. 5: 26

The New American Bible renders the verse:

He will give a signal to a far-off nation, and whistle to them from the ends of the earth; speedily and promptly will they come.

The New Living Translation has it:

He will send a signal to the nations far away. He will whistle to those at the ends of the earth, and they will come racing towards Jerusalem.

Paul

Perhaps they will change that in the next version. :smiley:

To whistle?? I don’t think so! :smiley: Hiss sounds much better.

Hmm…I don’t remember ever reading that. What book of the BoM / Scriptures is that located in?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.