Book of mormon?

…is arrogant and dishonest.

A great video is found here to explain it all:

However, the video is quite long.

Gordon Hinkley, a mormon false-prophet even says here that mormons believe in a different Christ than Jesus of the Bible.

If you want to skip to the chase…any mormon, or anyone needing proof of the completel fiction of the of the video. 54:27

**Game Over. **

…Hey! another great video on Joe Smith and the book of m.

Good soundtrack, too!

HERE…

Interesting, can’t wait to see it!

Here is an old LDS thread this reminds me of:
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=261486

Classic stuff!

Joe’s Myth sure pulled the wool over many an eye.

Pure Comedy Gold!

Thanks!

Game over? President Hinckley would never admit that “mormons believe in a different Christ than Jesus of the Bible.”

Why would he make such a suicidal admission? Such a concession would be entirely out of character and untrue. Here is the actual quote:

Our faith, our knowledge, is not based on ancient tradition…Our faith, our knowledge comes of a witness of a prophet of this generation."

They reject the Tradition of the Church, not the Scriptures. They are happy about that. Not one Mormon you meet is going to be troubled by the fact that their Church rejects the Council of Nicea. For them to accept the Council of Nicea would be “game over”. If they are to find an existence on the ecclesiastical landscape, it will not be through acceptance of Catholic tradition. They know that, and they act on that.

I believe the actual quote they are referring to is this (of course he doesn’t say that this is a different Jesus than the one in the Bible):

"In bearing testimony of Jesus Christ, President Hinckley spoke of those outside the Church who say Latter-day Saints "do not believe in the traditional Christ. No, I don’t. The traditional Christ of whom they speak is not the Christ of whom I speak. For the Christ of whom I speak has been revealed in this the Dispensation of the Fulness of Times. He, together with His Father, appeared to the boy Joseph Smith in the year 1820, and when Joseph left the grove that day, he knew more of the nature of God than all the learned ministers of the gospel of the ages. "

LDS Church News June 20, 1998

However, it’s completely true. Watch the video…starting at 54:27.
Hinkley basical said that mormons don’t believe in the historical Jesus, they believe in Joe Smith’s Jesus. Even Hinkley seems muddled in his bizarre rhetoric to support the unsupportable Joe’s Myth. I don’t blame him.

Another quote from HERE gets more specific.“What Do Mormons Believe: The Nature of Jesus Christ
The Mormon church views Jesus and Satan as spirit brothers and sons of God. God put forth His plan of salvation for the world, and Satan proposed his own plan. Jesus accepted the Father’s plan and offered to implement it as the Savior. The Father chose Jesus, and the spirit of Jesus was given a body through the virgin Mary. He was crucified on a Roman cross, and rose from the dead three days later to establish His deity. The character and life of Jesus is attainable by anyone who performs at such a righteous level.”

Christians, on the other hand, believe this:*** “that Jesus Christ has existed eternally as the Son of God, the second “person” of the Trinity. Jesus took on human flesh about 2000 years ago and was born into the world through the virgin Mary. He was crucified on a Roman cross for our sins, and rose from the dead three days later to establish His deity.” ***

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.