book of revelation

I have a Christian friend who makes the claim that the book of revelation goes against the rest of the bible and is not an accurate book. she uses this as a reference:

christian-community.org/library/revelheresy.html

I would like to correct her error and am looking for some help! Her claim is that revelation goes against Jesus’ teachings on the end times as seen in the book of Matthew. I would appreciate any help

So much for sola scriptoria then. What other books will they want to remove to make God fit in their box?

The Olivet Discourse in Matthew 24 is about the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple in 70AD. Much of Revelation is about the same event as well.

The author of that website is Clare Weakley who has a degree in theology from a Methodist seminary. He seems to have left even the reasonably mainstream Methodists and gone off-roading into the theological woods of some pretty radical private interpretation.

-Tim-

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.