Book on the Seven Church Ages?

In a friendly debate with a mild anti-Catholic, I lent him a book on Scott Hahn and he gave me a book written by William Branham, “An exposition on of the Seven Church Ages” . It “deals” with the first 3 chapters of Revalation.

I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this subject.

I’ve never actually read the book, but I have heard of the theory several times while attending Protestant churches. It is not a theory that most Protestants believe.

Basically it is presenting that each letter to each church is representative of seven different church ages. Proponents like to say that we are in the Laodecean age.

The main purpose of this teaching to to try to force the first few verses of Rev. 4 to be a vision of the Rapture. But if this is the case, and many who believe this theory are pre-trib rapture folk, then why is the main verse that they use for “proof” of the Rapture (Rev. 3:10) take place during the Phildelphian age?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.