Book question

Hi,

There is a book that has been recommended to me recently about a Presbyterian mans conversion to Catholicism. I don’t remember the name of the author or the book (though I’m sure I’d recognize it if I saw it) . I have been searching for a while, but I haven’t found it yet. Does anyone have any ideas? I understand there are a few of these books, it is just a matter of figuring out which one I was planning on reading!

Thank you in advance!

Scott and Kimberly Hahn’s conversion story?
catholiccompany.com/rome-sweet-home-p1001011/?aid=117&gclid=CLmO0rvQ9qcCFcns7QodVh13DQ
Rome Sweet Home

Rome Sweet Home is an excellent book by the Hahns, it’s quite famous and the only one I know of for the given situation.

That could be it because it does sound familiar, but I think it was a different book. I will look into it. If anything else comes to mind, let me know!

Thanks again!

here is the link to the coming home network, Marcus Grodi’s site, who is also a Presbyterian minister who converted
chnetwork.org/
there are several conversion stories and books there, maybe what you are looking for

there are both books and recordings of the conversion stories told on his program the Journey HOme available from EWTN as well

I highly recommend Rome Sweet Home by Scott Hahn. This book was one of many that I read on my road to conversion. Marcus Grodi was also a Presbyterian minister who converted to the Catholic Church. He founded the Coming Home Network International. I’m not sure if he wrote a book, but here is the link to the CHNI website: chnetwork.org/

Edit: Annie, we must have been typing at the same time!

Marcus Grodi wrote a novel loosely based on his conversion experience: “How Firm a Foundation”. Pretty good read, for anyone who’d rather read fiction than something more academic!

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to thank you for your help, I just started reading Rome Sweet Home and so far I like it. Unfortunately, I only have access to it on google books (limited to 30 pgs) for the time being, but I ordered through a library sharing network and I can’t wait for it to get here. I have been spending a lot of time reading thick doctrinal books/articles, etc. and it is nice to hear a personal account.

Thank you again!

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding . Proverbs 3:5-6

Check out his other books too. I liked Lord Have Mercy and Lamb’s Supper.

catholicity.com/cds/

You can download his oral conversion talk with the link above.

Another good book is “Born Fundamentalist, Born Again Catholic” by Dave Currie. I also enjoyed Steve Ray’s book, “Crossing The Tiber.” In Steve’s book, he has numerous references to the Early Church Fathers.

CSJ

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.