Book recommendation for preparing for death?

I’m sure there must be a thread or two on this subject already, but can someone recommend a good Christian book on how to prepare yourself for the death of a loved one? Or maybe a good talk or article?

Thanks!

There are oodles and oodles of spiritual books out there that would help. I might recommend, besides the Bible and the CCC - St. Catherine of Genoa’s book on Purgatory.

My prayers are with you and all involved.:crossrc:

If you are preparing for the death of a loved one who is suffering from a terminal illness, I highly recommend Midwife for Souls written by Kathy Kalina, a Hospice nurse. womenofgrace.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=274
or
amazon.com/Midwife-Souls-Spiritual-Care-Dying/dp/0819848565/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231193247&sr=1-1

Kathy Kalina also wrote a small book that’s part of a series on Catholic perspectives on death and dying. I’m sorry I can’t remember the name of the series and can’t locate it on the internet, but it’s more recent than Midwife for Souls. Both Midwife and the series are often available through Catholic books stores, but can also be ordered through Barnes and Noble. I’ve seen them both at the Catholic Renewal Center here. They don’t have a website, but here’s their info:
Catholic Renewal Center & Bookstore
4503 Bridge Street, Ft. Worth, Texas 76103.
(817) 429-2920

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.