Book Recommendation on Science and the Christian faith

Please, I’m looking here for recommendations on some great and accessible books that address issues and questions on science and the Christian faith, including resolving apparent conflicts. Thanks.

Depending on the conflicts, there are books that can address scientific issues in a very specialized way.

This is what I’d recommend:

Faith, Science, and Reason: Theology on the Cutting Edge by Christopher Baglow

Joe, thanks for the recommendation. Unfortunately the book “Faith, Science, and Reason Theology on the Cutting Edge” has no Kindle version.

A website that goes into some depth on such issues would also be helpful.

I like the Magis Center’s material. The FREE / RESOURCES section has a lot of useful material.
magiscenter.org/science-reason-faith/

Also, Fr. Spitzer’s series on EWTN is available there which I occasionally browse through using a keyword search:
magiscenter.org/father-spitzers-universe-ewtn/

That description is way too complicated for the average bear.
Me :o

People who understand the protocol of the visible Catholic Church on planet earth automatically know that there is a Divine Creator God. That is nonnegotiable with natural science based on the evolution theory per se. Obviously, science cannot become a Catholic doctrine because natural science is in the material world.

Because of Genesis 1: 27, human beings naturally unite both the material world and the spiritual world. Paragraph 355, Catechism of the Catholic Church, Second Edition.
When we examine the spiritual world of God and the Catholic Church, we first look for the point where natural science, primarily the evolution theory, intersects with a basic fundamental doctrine of the Catholic Church.

:o Perhaps. It is a textbook that is ostensibly targeted at high school students, but then Midwest Theological Forum’s high school textbooks aim pretty high. So it may well be that it is not the most accessible option.

Stacy Trasancos Explains*
Fr. Stanley Jaki on*
Science and Catholic Church

defendingthebride.com/code/sci.html#stacy

What is actually interesting to me is that Stacy Transancos has published an article “What You Absolutely Need to Understand About Evolution” which, if basic Science of Human Evolution is proposed, can lead to the possibility that Original Sin, with its dependence on the original human, is some kind of metaphor, that is, we have nothing to fear.

From catholic.com/magazine/online-edition/what-you-absolutely-need-to-understand-about-evolution
"If we can profess that Jesus Christ, our Lord, was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, was crucified, died, was buried, descended to the dead, rose again on the third day, ascended into heaven, is seated at the right hand of the Father, and will come again to judge the living and the dead, then* we have nothing to fear* in any scientific theory about how matter and energy evolve over time."

Magis Center is a very good site.

Thanks.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.