Book Recommendations for RE Teacher

Hey all,

My Dad goes to a Non-denominational church, and is now teaching a class there on Christian living and discipleship. I think he’ll make a good teacher, however, he hasn’t read much or any Christian literature such as CS Lewis, Chesterton, St. Thomas Aquinas or St. Augustine. I think this is a great opportunity for him, and I’d like to send him a book. I’m posting to ask the philosophy and theology vets of CAF: What classic Christian work would a Non-denominational RE teacher get the most out of?
Whichever book you recommend highest will probably make up a chunk of his birthday present from me this year here in a couple weeks. :slight_smile:

Greg

CS Lewis is a good place to start. Mere Christianity and Screwtape Letters.

I also think Mere Christianity by Lewis is excellent. Screwtape Letters is my favorite Lewis work.

Mary.

I have not read any of these books. I do know they are on a trusted website.

Check this out. covenantbiblestudy.cokesbury.com/forms/search.aspx?txtSearchQuery=Philosophy+and+Theology&skip=0&refinements=CategoryLevel1%3dReligious

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.