Book suggestions for my husband who is non-denominational

I would like to suggest some books to my husband that pertain to the Catholic faith. He has always asked if there is a Catholic Faith for dummies book available.

Any suggestions?:wink:

I don’t know if it’s any good or not, but there literally is a book called Catholicism for Dummies. The Amazon recommendations give high praise, for whatever that’s worth.

amazon.com/Catholicism-Dummies-John-Trigilio/dp/0764553917/ref=sr_1_1/102-4248507-8042546?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1172891412&sr=1-1

I recommend this book. I am Catholic but i’m currently reading it and have learned alot from it. I found it at Barnes & Noble but I just looked it up on Amazon and it is much cheaper than what I bought it for.
The book is United States Catholic Catechism for Adults
amazon.com/United-States-Catholic-Catechism-Adults/dp/1574554506/ref=pd_bbs_sr_5/002-7002618-6647221?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1172893204&sr=8-5

Catholicism For Dummies is a great book, has been very helpful for me in my journey toward Catholicism and for my Baptist family as well. :slight_smile:

This book is a good place to start. After that you might want to suggest David Armstrong’s A Biblical Defense of Catholicism.

I enjoy Peter Kreeft’s books, especially *Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Heaven, but Never Dreamed of Asking.*He writes a lot like CS Lewis, clearly and wisely, and is fun to read.

“Surprised by Truth”. I believe the author is Patrick Madrid, and I think there is also a “Surprised by Truth 2.” I read the first one. It is a compilation of faith-journey stories by people from various religions, even atheism, as I recall.

Also “Rome Sweet Home” by Scott and Kimberly Hahn. Anything by Scott Hahn will be excellent. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’ll be made a saint someday.

It is not a Catholic book but it doesn’t contradict any Catholic teachings Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis

“Nuts and Bolts” by Tim Staples

The “Prove It!” series by Amy Welborn (especially the one on Church)

Patrick Madrid’s “Surprised by Truth” series.

And (for fiction lovers) Marcus Grodi’s novel, “How Firm a Foundation”

One of my favorite books about the Catholic faith is Graham Greene’s The End of the Affair.

I also enjoyed reading about GK Chesterton. There are some good books by Dale Ahlquist, *The Apostle of Common Sense *comes to mind.

Malcolm Muggerige’s book about Mother Teresa is wonderful too. It’s called Something Beautiful for God.

You might try “Catholic for a Reason” by Scott Hahn. The first volume is about a number of issues that protestants usually have with Catholicism. Volume 2 is entirely about Mary. And volume 3 is entirely about the Mass.

Volume 1 is a great place to start.

Why Do Catholics Do That? by Kevin Orlin Johnson.

Catholicism and Fundamentalism by Karl Keating :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.