Book suggestions?

I like novels that take place in World War II Europe. I'm not really into mysteries. A few of the books I've really enjoyed in the past were Atonement, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, and When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit.
I'm in between books right now, but I can't seem to find any good ones like the ones I listed. Any suggestions?

[quote="child_of_God85, post:1, topic:206528"]
I like novels that take place in World War II Europe. I'm not really into mysteries. A few of the books I've really enjoyed in the past were Atonement, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, and When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit.
I'm in between books right now, but I can't seem to find any good ones like the ones I listed. Any suggestions?

[/quote]

I was going to suggest All Quiet on the Western Front, but that's a WWI book. Hmm, I remember a series I read in elementary school about children from Britain who were sent to Canada (reflecting the real event) but I can't remember the name. I guess there's always Schindler's List or the Diary of Ann Frank. Wikipedia has a category of WWII novels, you could always look there too.

[quote="child_of_God85, post:1, topic:206528"]

[/quote]

Have you read Jeff Sharaa's Trilogy on the WWII? Excellent reading. Also Newt Gingrich and ? have a series of alternate universe novels about WWII. Also excellent, especially the one about Pearl Harbor.

Movies? Get the Red and the Black, old one with Gregory Peck.

Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosany

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Both take place during WWII. Sarah's Key is a good book.. it flips back and forth between current day, and WWII. It's tragic for sure.. tells the story of a young Jewish girl seperated from her family.

The Book Thief is excellent. .. I LOVED it. It was unique because it centered around a German family in a small town. They weren't Jews or Nazi supporters. How will they respond to the horror all around them? This book really makes you think.. would would you do?

Happy Reading!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.