BOOK: "The Kite Runner"

I just finshed reading the book The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini and all I can say is wow. This is probably the best book I’ve ever read.
I was very close to tears a few times throughout the book.
I highly recomend it, but as a warning to some people: it does have a rape of an 11 year old boy in it. It’s not graphic, but you definately know whats happening to this child.
Anyone else read it? Thoughts?

I read it this summer, and I liked it too. There is another one by the same author, that I read too, but I can’t remember the name. Let me check and I’ll get back.

OK, it was A Thousand Splendid Suns. Absolutely wonderful- it was the story of two women who lived in Afghanistan during the 70s, 80, 90’s. Just as good as The Kite Runner.

Is it called A Thousand Splendid Sands (or something along those lines). Thats how I first discovered this author. I haven’t read it yet, but I have it on request at my library (I’m the 6th person on the list though). It sounds really good.

They were both good books. I’m glad I read them, because I think they gave me a good feel for the life styles in that part of the world. I didn’t realize until I read these books how terrible the Taliban really was. Wow. I would never want to live over there under their rule, especially as a woman (read 1000 suns).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.