BOOKS: Are You Made For More?, Curtis Martin

Curtis Martin’s new book Made For More does more the the new evangelization than any other book. The tough part is getting people to actually read it. It answers some of the most pressing issues today, are the scriptures accurate, was Jesus more than just a teacher?

Has anyone else read the book? I’d love to hear what others have to say about what’s in the book.

To check it out go to focusonline.org and follow the links.

God bless.

I read the book… in fact, it only took me about two hours to read. :slight_smile:

It made me think about a lot of things… what really came to my attention, though, was the references to Billy Graham and Mother Teresa towards the end of the book. It was interesting to note why Billy Graham, even though certainly a disciple of Christ in many ways, was not truly in tune with the message because he did not understand the true meaning of the Eucharist, as many Protestants miss.

I had always been under the impression that people like Billy Graham and other televangelists, although usually evangelical in terms of theology, really got the message… and that’s why they could supersede all the theological technicalities of Christianity and achieve salvation like the rest of us… but Martin’s simple explanation of the nature of the Eucharist helped me out. The idea of transubstantiation is a central belief of Catholicism and has been since the Last Supper… to reject it would be rejecting a core truth. How can you fully accept the duties of discipleship if you don’t totally get the message?

Curtis taught my second year of Denver Catholic Biblical School. He is terrific! He, his wonderful wife MaryAnne, and some of his … is it thirteen? children occasionally come to Mass at my church. What a great family! What true and faithful Catholics!

I’ll have to get his new book. If you ever get a chance to hear him speak, DO IT!!!

Ruthie

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.