BOOKS: "Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul"

Hi, has anyone here read this book? I think it’s by John and Stasi Eldredge… I read it back when I was a Protestant, and tried reading it again a few days ago. To be honest I’m not 100% sure what to think about it… is it correct from a Catholic perspective? I was saddened to read how the author left the Catholic faith of her childhood, and how she spoke of her Catholic mother :frowning: although it sounds like it was a difficult journey for her and I’m glad that she found Christ, even though in the Protestant church. I also think she made some really good points in the book in general… however I also found it lacked depth in a way and I’m not sure I agree with everything.

what are your thoughts?

Wait… is it called Captivating:confused:

I started it, but then got distracted by another book (I tend to have more than one open and bookmarked at the same time LOL), and haven’t finished it yet. I didn’t get very far into it, so I don’t really want to make a definitive comment just yet. I’ll have to remember to get it back out and come back to this thread when I’ve finished.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.