Books for women: Captivating, Bad Girls of the Bible

I’m wondering if anyone has read any of these books:

Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman’s Soul by John and Stasi Eldredge
Bad Girls of the Bible and related books by Liz Curtis Higgs

They have been recently recommended to me, and I generally try to stick to Catholic books, so I wanted to see if these books had any merit.

Thanks!

I’ve read almost all of the Bad Girls books by Liz and thought they were pretty darn great. Each chapter is about a specific woman in the bible and two stories are told. One being the actual bible story and another being a real-life example that illustrates what the bible story is telling us. These books point out how seemingly good decisions can lead us down bad paths and what we can do about it. I’d recommend starting with Bad Girls of the Bible first as that was her first book from this series so the characters, in my opinion, were more well known.

I’ve read Captivating. I loved it. There is a men’s book called Wild at Heart. Both are good book. However, it bothered my husband that in WaH it talks about “the church” all the time. From a Protestant stance, they don’t mean the Catholic Church, they mean “Christian faiths/churches in general.” It bothered him but not me.

Captivating is nice- you could always get it from the library, and if you don’t like it, stop reading it?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.