Books for Women

Ok. So I, like most women with families, a job, etc. worry A LOT. I can’t seem to stop it either. I’ve actually got health problems b/c I worry about EVERYTHING. So my question is, does anyone know of any good spiritual reading (besides the Bible of course!:wink: ) that would be good for me to read that would help me with my problem and that also are preferably Catholic-geared/centered books. Also your prayers would be greatly appreciated as well! :gopray2:

Try one of these:
[LIST]
*]I Believe in Love: A Personal Retreat Based on the Teaching of St. Thérèse of Lisieux (by Father Jean C. J. d’Elbée)
*]When Jesus Sleeps: Finding Spiritual Peace Amid the Storms of Life (by Luis M. Martinez)
[/LIST]Both are published by Sophia Institute Press.

Mother Angelica’s Answers, Not Promises

I don’t know if it specifically addresses the problem of worrying, but it helps with a lot of the things that CAUSE the worrying!

Try it, you’ll like it!

Just what I was going to say. My current favorite. I lingered six months over it because it was so rich.

Betsy

It’s one of those books I go back to again and again. Sometimes just picking it up and reading a page or two will pick me up out of a slump.

The Sacrament of the Present Moment by Jean-Perre de Causade. It is only about 100 pages, but all of them worthwhile. It was written in the 18th century but still seems very applicable today as it shows us how to find God present in every moment of our lives.

Thank you all so much. These all sound great!

I worry a lot, too. I found Archbishop Fulton Sheen’s wise words to be quite helpful. I can also relate well to him, as he lived in modern times. He even had a TV show.

Anyway, even though I’m a woman, I still find the wisdom from this man to be very fruitful.

Fulton Sheen MP3 Audio Library

You need to sign in to download. You get 10 for free.

God Bless!

Thanks again for your suggestions. I ordered* I Believe in Love *and a few others today so hopefully they will be good. If I find one particularly inspiring, I’ll definitely let you all know!!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.