BOOKS: "I Am America (And So Can You!)" morally offensive?

um… hey guys.

I just want to know if Stephen Colbert’s book is okay to read, meaning that its not morally offensive… i know that he’s catholic and he is also a sunday school teacher which is awesome but I just want to make sure.

Thanks everyone =D

I read it a couple months ago. I love stephen’s humor in this book. Personally, I did not run into anything offensive or anti-catholic but it’s not exactly like I read looking for anti-catholic stabs either. I could have missed something.

Stephen Colbert - a sunday school teacher? WOW!

This book is great. His wit is hilarious. He tells it as it is, and has so much common sense.
It’s pro-Catholic, if anything. In his chapter on religion, he talks about how Catholism is the true church and that luthrans are “one pope short” of getting it right. My mom even loved it, and she’s known to be uptight about things like this, so that’s saying a lot!

You NEVER have to worry about anything remotely anti-Catholic with Stephen Colbert; he is a very savvy apologist for Catholicism in his own uniquely witty and subversive way :slight_smile:

Thank you guys so much!! I’m going to get this book this week then. God speed, guys.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.