Books on the History of Marian Devotion in the Church

I was listening to Go Ask Your Father on Relevant Radio today, and a caller asked for suggestions on books regarding the history of Marian devotion in the church. Father Simon did not have any suggestions he could make. I thought it would make a great book and would be worth looking into. Anyone here have any suggestions? Thanks!

That is an interesting idea for a book. There are lots of books about Mary, but I cannot think of any offhand that specifically focus on the history of Marian devotion in the Church.

It sounds like a doctoral dissertation waiting to be written. :slight_smile:

I thought it sounded like a heck of a research project if it hadn't been done yet too. Will have to look a little harder and see what I can find, otherwise, I may just have to dig into it myself and see what I find.

History of the Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary in North America by Xavier Donald MacLeod. Has anyone read it?

“Encyclopedia of Mary”

More information here.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.