BOOKS: Ten Prayers God Always Says Yes To - Anthony DeStefano

Has anyone else read this book? It is SOOOOO good!

I received it as a gift from Priests for Life right before Christmas. At first the title put me off a bit, because I wondered if it was one of those “say this many prayers and your wish will be granted” books or a “name-it-and-claim-it” philosophy. But, it came from Priests for Life and a Catholic author, so I thought I’d at least look through it. I’m so glad I did!

It is very practical prayers – ones that we probably all say at some point (or should!) – and why they are the kinds of prayers that God answers.

They are –

God, show me that You exist.

God, make me an instrument.

God, outdo me in generosity.

God, get me through this suffering.

God, forgive me.

God, give me peace.

God, give me courage.

God, give me wisdom.

God, bring good out of this bad situation.

God, lead me to my destiny.

It’s a very easy read, although I’ve really taken time in between each prayer to sort of let it “soak in.”

This book is great for people of all faiths, at all points in their walk with God, but especially for those who are struggling or suffering.

It makes me want to read his other book, “A Travel Guide to Heaven.” Has anyone read it?

Any thoughts or comments about the author and his books?

Sounds like an awesome book … Thanks for making me aware of it. :slight_smile:

~~ the phoenix

I saw this book last night and started to pick it up but hesitated. Good to know its good. I googled it and read some reviews (by some other Catholics) and it looks like it will be a good book. I think I’m gonna pick this one up!

Let me know if you read it and what your thoughts are! It’s one of the best books I’ve read in a long time.

Priests for Life sent me this book for free and it changed my whole life! Or should I say, it is changing it. Truly brilliant and heartfelt. I heard recently on of the mothers of a victum of the Virginia Tech massecure last year read it, and it really helped her through it.

Needless to say, Priests for Life has now become my top charity!

How can one contact Priest For Life? I dont have alot of money and think this book would help me out in alot of areas in my life. Can someone post a weblink or something? Thanks.

priestsforlife.org/ :thumbsup:

Thank you Mrs. Angela Tate. I will see if they can help me obtain a copy of it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.