BOOKS: the jewish revolutionary spirit and its impact on world history

Has anybody read this by E. Michael Jones? Seems to be a type of different history than what's found mainstream

E. Michael Jones is regard as an anti-Semite by the Anti Defamation League.and the Southern Poverty Law Center. Although he rejects antisemitism based on race, he regards Judaism as having "a particularly malignant spirit."

He blames Jews for the Protestant Reformation, the French Revolution, Bolshevism, Freemasonry, and an alleged contemporary “Jewish takeover of American culture.” He even says the pogroms and Nazi Holocaust were caused by Jewish behavior. Here is a quote:

In Jones eyes “every Christian, insofar as he is a Christian, must be anti-Jewish.”
adl.org/learn/ext_us/E-Michael-Jones/ideology.asp?LEARN_Cat=Extremism&LEARN_SubCat=Extremism_in_America&xpicked=3&item=EMJones

[quote="Dale_M, post:2, topic:194832"]
E. Michael Jones is regard as an anti-Semite by the Anti Defamation League.and the Southern Poverty Law Center. Although he rejects antisemitism based on race, he regards Judaism as having "a particularly malignant spirit."

Jones/ideology.asp?LEARN_Cat=Extremism&LEARN_SubCat=Extremism_in_America&xpicked=3&item=EMJones

[/quote]

To be honest, every time Abe Foxman starts yapping about how 'Mr. X is such a hawrrrrrible poysohn', that person immediately ascends one peg in my esteem chart. But only one peg, just by default.

With that said, 'blaming the Jews' is the wrong approach. If you genuinely believe that they have the kind of global ideological reach (rather than de facto sociological predispositions, which is a much more modest argument) that this book seems to allege, why don't you go and study Jewish culture for awhile? Frequent Orthodox Jewish web forums (with a yiddish online translator on hand). See what they're really about, rather than reading antisemitic trash and then bringing it here to start flame wars.

Finally, take some responsibility. Rather than pinning all of our ideological errors on 'Jews working behind the scenes', understand why Freemasonry has the appeal that it does, why the Protestant Reformation occurred, blah blah blah.
Now there's an idea.

Would E. Michael Jones be like Kevin MacDonald since I read the latter's books about Jews and Judaism although I did not agree with him at all.

[quote="Dale_M, post:2, topic:194832"]

He blames Jews for the Protestant Reformation, the French Revolution, Bolshevism, Freemasonry, and an alleged contemporary “Jewish takeover of American culture.” He even says the pogroms and Nazi Holocaust were caused by Jewish behavior. Here is a quote:

In Jones eyes “every Christian, insofar as he is a Christian, must be anti-Jewish.”
adl.org/learn/ext_us/E-Michael-Jones/ideology.asp?LEARN_Cat=Extremism&LEARN_SubCat=Extremism_in_America&xpicked=3&item=EMJones

[/quote]

I haven't read E. Michael Jones, but that just sounds weird.

Let's see, God began a covenant with man by first establishing one with Abraham, the Jewish Patriarch. Our bible celebrates the development of that people and that covenant all the way from Abraham to Moses, to David, to the Jewish girl who gave birth to the Jewish Messiah, Jesus.

And Jesus preached to Jews, went to synagogue, went to the Temple, celebrated Passover along with the other Jewish feasts. His first disciples were Jews, his apostles were Jews, and all the first adherents to his newly fulfilled covenant were Jews. The first dispute in the early Church was whether or not Gentile converts to Christianity must first become Jews. (The answer was no, because in joining the new covenant, they incorporated themselves into continuity with the old.

So how is it that Christians should be anti-Jewish?

salvationisfromthejews.com/alljews.html

hebrewcatholic.org/AboutheAHC/AHCArticles/arejewishconvert.html

Maybe by saying we need to be "anti-Jewish" he means the against the spread of it's religion.

This would make sense because the Jews of today are no longer God's chosen people and it is a religion run by the devil, not God.

That's my interpretation, but I admit I have not read the book.

[quote="aball1035, post:7, topic:194832"]
Maybe by saying we need to be "anti-Jewish" he means the against the spread of it's religion.

This would make sense because the Jews of today are no longer God's chosen people and it is a religion run by the devil, not God.

[/quote]

I don't think we need to worry about the spread of the Jewish religion. Jews do not, as a rule, proselytize. And to say that it is a religion run by the devil would be quite a stretch.

Remember that in the time of Christ, there were essentially two religious choices--paganism in it's many varieties, and Judaism, which was the people chosen by God to carry out his covenant with mankind. The Catholic Church arose out of Judaism at the coming of the Messiah.

In the beginning of Christianity, Christians (who were mainly Jews) continued to worship in the temple and pray in the synagogues, while celebrating the Eucharist in their homes. Eventually the Christians were no longer welcome in the temple or synagogue, and that break was finalized by the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D. The Covenant was expanded from the people of Israel to encompass all of mankind. Paul helped that along by his preaching to the Gentiles. I'm reading a book now which posits that the majority of Jews in the Roman Empire became Christians, which would be simply a fulfillment of the Law for them.

Here is a better website link, to the Association of Hebrew Catholics:
hebrewcatholic.org/AboutheAHC/index.html

[/quote]

Of course, you are free to believe that. But I hope you are aware that the Catholic Church disagrees with that view.

[quote=Catechism of the Catholic Church, 839]The relationship of the Church with the Jewish People. When she delves into her own mystery, the Church, the People of God in the New Covenant, discovers her link with the Jewish People,326 "the first to hear the Word of God."327 The Jewish faith, unlike other non-Christian religions, is already a response to God's revelation in the Old Covenant. To the Jews "belong the sonship, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship, and the promises; to them belong the patriarchs, and of their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ",328 "for the gifts and the call of God are irrevocable."329
[/quote]

[vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p123a9p3.htm]](http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p123a9p3.htm])

[quote="Dale_M, post:9, topic:194832"]
Of course, you are free to believe that. But I hope you are aware that the Catholic Church disagrees with that view.

[/quote]

Where does the Church disagree with it? Is there a document?

I quoted the Catechism: "…“for the gifts and the call of God are irrevocable.” This contradicts the views you expressed.

How does it? Please send a reply in PM as it’s getting off subject from the origional post lol

[/quote]

This is getting pretty extreme...

[quote="JohnSanzone5, post:13, topic:194832"]
This is getting pretty extreme...

[/quote]

Indeed sir, and it would be worth the time of the poster there who made that comment about Judaism been 'run by the Devil' to go take a look at the forum rules.

The Church does not teach Judaism is run by the Devil and any such contention is not something any Catholic should embrace.

oy

I’m sorry if I offended anyone. If you disagree with me, please write me via personal message. As this thread is off topic, I ask the moderator to shut it down.

[quote="aball1035, post:16, topic:194832"]
I'm sorry if I offended anyone. If you disagree with me, please write me via personal message. As this thread is off topic, I ask the moderator to shut it down.

[/quote]

Why not start a thread where you explain your ideas about the special relationship between Jews and Judaism and the Catholic concept of the Devil, your sources and how it affects you and others in daily life?

Indeed! It’s a real delight. I highly recommend the book.

I’m sure it is a fine satirical work written a particularly tongue in cheek style. ]

We mock that which we do not understand.

There’s plenty of references to historical works and original sources, as well as the Jewish authors themselves.

The book is very academic, it is vast, and it is an honest look at where Talmudic Judaics split from the Christians and where it has taken them. Historical information that is otherwise scattered is gathered into one work. It is very meticulous and careful.

Let us pray that the Talmudic Judaics convert en masse into the One True Church of Jesus Christ.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.