BOOKS: The Size of Chesterton's Catholicism

http://payingattentiontothesky.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/fagerberg-cover.jpg?w=341&h=500

David W. Fagerberg, an Associate Professor of Religion at Concordia College, has written a book about G. K. Chesterton’s theological and Catholic apologetical works, The Size Of Chesterton’s Catholicism. He demonstrates Chesterton’s passion for his faith using the great one’s own words to reveal the Catholic paradox he was so fond of exploring.

Fagerberg draws on Chesterton’s theological writings — avoiding secondary sources – so that the reader can encounter his thought as directly as possible. This selection takes up some of the more common accusations others make against the Church (its worldliness) and how Chesterton dealt with them. A great review of Chesterton's apologetic writings.

You can find it all here:

payingattentiontothesky.com/2010/03/01/book-recommendation-the-size-of-chestertons-catholicism/

dj

dj,

I think Dr. Fagerberg might be at Notre Dame currently: theology.nd.edu/people/all/fagerberg-david/index.shtml

Or perhaps both? Just FYI.

VC

David Fagerberg is full time at Notre Dame. I had the great pleasure of having taking his course on Liturgical Theology, which is one of his areas of expertise. It is an experience I will never forget…almost a retreat in itself. He is also big on CS Lewis and quotes Lewis and Chesterson in almost every class. I have not read this book (although I have read many of David’s writings) but now I just might pick it up.

[quote="Verbum_Caro, post:2, topic:188895"]
dj,

I think Dr. Fagerberg might be at Notre Dame currently: theology.nd.edu/people/all/fagerberg-david/index.shtml

Or perhaps both? Just FYI.

VC

[/quote]

Thanks for the update. The book is not that recent either. 1998 perhaps?

dj

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.