Books to read before you go to Heaven

One book that I had to read for school was called The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare. That was a very good book set in the time of Jesus. Another one that was excellent was The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. I know that there is also an audio version read by Andy Serkis out there, who played Gollum in The Lord of the Rings for all you fans out there!

St. Augustine’s Confessions

Alban Butler’s Lives of the Saints

*Catechism *

Note I have not finished reading thease:rolleyes: but am planning on it.

If you want to read a recent fiction trilogy, you will love the series by Brian Gail. His first book is Fatherless, second book is Motherless and the 3rd book that he just finished in Childless. You can get them at the Catholic bookstore or order them online. I haven’t seen them in the secular bookstore. It reminded me of “Animal Farm” in that it took the events and social problems of today and exposed them for what they are…fantastic series! You can google to read about them…Happy Reading!

Also Louis Wohl’s book “Lay Siege to Heaven” about the life of St. Catherine of Siena is amazing. I felt like I understood that time period so much better and who she was when I finished. I couldn’t put it down.

A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
Gk Chesterton is good
C.S. Lewis

“The Giver”- hands down still the best book I’ve ever read. Not to mention extremely pro-life.

Anything by Flannery O’Connor.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.