Border Patrol Finds 8-Year-Old Boy Abandoned by Smugglers in Texas

Border Patrol Finds 8-Year-Old Boy Abandoned by Smugglers in Texas

Bob Price 25 Jul 2018 Breitbart News

Border Patrol agents in the Rio Grande Valley Sector identified an unaccompanied minor who was apparently abandoned by family or human smugglers near the border. Officials were initially unable to identify the young boy who is unable to communicate because he only speaks a dialect they were unable to translate.
Agents assigned to the Weslaco Station found an eight-year-old boy on Monday after he had been smuggled into the U.S. The agents found the young boy along a river road after he had been illegally moved across the Rio Grande River from Mexico, according to Rio Grande Valley (RGV) Sector officials. . . .

. . . "The human smugglers will often release unaccompanied children after they cross the border and tell them to find the nearest Border Patrol agent they encounter,” he said.

“This was a very dangerous situation for this dangerous situation for him,” the official explained. . . .

Thank goodness he was found. I hope
they will be able to locate his family.
I hope he wasn’t abandoned by family.
I can’t understand why any parent would want to risk a border crossing with their
child.

We must have the wall to secure our border! Child trafficking destroys children at a level literally unknown in recent years. Either the mother foolishly risks her child to “coyotes” or has been hugely misled that making the trip and crossing the border is doable. Bodies are found over the desolate territory, some died from exposure and others murdered. An 8 year old boy or girl would be a trafficker’s victim that was let go because of being caught or the child escaped (which isn’t likely). We must put an end to this horrific marketing of people!

BUILD THE WALL! (make sure Congress passes the funding!) So far its been “do nothing” on every needed legislation.

I agree, not having the wall just invites more tragedies like this. Building the wall is the humanitarian option.

There used to be a television program “Border Wars” … had some interesting sequences of smuggling routines of people including children, drugs, guns, and money. Tunnels. Safe houses.

Some talented authors have come out with factual based thrillers and it is mind blowing to learn of the extensive efforts these smugglers and slavers make. The methods and coordination can be compared to a well organized and capable country at war! It really is at the level of war and as fearful. My question is (like so many others) - how can we tolerate politicians in office that refuse to conduct the business of the American people? Fund the wall!

grotto . . .

An 8 year old boy or girl would be a trafficker’s victim that was let go because of being caught or the child escaped (which isn’t likely). We must put an end to this horrific marketing of people!

Absolutely correct grotto.

You probably know this already grotto (but there may be others lurking this thread that may not) . . . 80% of these children (the girls) get raped along the way!

(At least the kids coming from Central America.
Who know HOW high the rape percentage is for the little boys?)

Now admittedly this Huffington Post article below was from 2014 (and updated late in 2017), but the point is this is a perilous journey and to INCENTIVIZE this sort of thing (as some of the open border policies do) is inappropriate.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.