Boss ordering all Halal and Kosher for Christmas party

There are McDonalds restaurants in India, but they want the native people there to be able to enjoy their cuisine without offending their religious sensibilities.

So the Indians branches of the world’s top restaurant chain serves neither beef nor pork to diners there- cows being considered sacred by the Hindus, and pigs unclean by India’s #2 religion.

I wouldn’t be offended if i was at the New Delhi Mickey Dee’s and could get what I was used to.

I dare you to visit the Chicago Diner and then say that again.

With a straight face.

It’s simply amazing what can be done without meat. Those guys are worlds away from what I could whip up at home.

I did not suggest that the boss knows the religious convictions of all employees. But it only takes one individual when asked to go to a dinner to decline because of food restrictions. It really isn’t difficult to know what religious convictions some of the staff have; it can come up also through the celebration of religious days.

That, of course would not of necessity indicate, for example, how many of the staff may be either Muslim or Jewish, only that one or more may be. Names also can be a tell-tale.

Another approach is simply to ask “We are planning a holiday dinner; do you have any dietary restrictions which we should accommodate?” I kind of doubt the ACLU would get their knickers in a wad over such a question.

Since the Catholic truth informs you that you both worship the one true God I fail to see this as a valid objection that could be presented. Especially as a priest here has commented that this is essentially a non-issue.

841 The Church’s relationship with the Muslims . “The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham**, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind’s judge on the last day.”**

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.