Boston College

I recently posted about a CCD teacher who promoted the idea of women priests in front of parents and students at orientation.

She is attending Boston College, a Catholic? University:

bc.edu/bc_org/avp/cas/amerstudies/gender.html

This link on the Catholic? University web site even has links to abortions rights such as NOW and homosexual groups!!!

Also, one of the graduate courses there, TH647, includes reading Extravagant Affections: A Feminist Sacramental Theology.

In this book by Susan Ross, the priesthood is apparently depicted as a structure of female dependency upon males and as a gender inequality!
bc.edu/schools/gsas/irepm/meta-elements/pdf/th647syllabusfall05.pdf

The mainstream of BC seems proper. However, our own Catholic universities seem to be working against us in some cases even as we raise our children to love and obey the Magisterium.

[quote=Coder]. However, our own Catholic universities seem to be working against us in some cases …

[/quote]

Very true.

The book “Extravagant Affections: A Feminist Sacramental Theology” apparently promotes a female priesthood and is required reading at course(s) at some Catholic Universities including:
Boston College
Loyola University
St. Bernards

This is information about the author:
luc.edu/depts/theology/faculty/vitas/r.html

The Pope has spoken clearly:

[/font]http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/apost_letters/documents/hf_jp-ii_apl_22051994_ordinatio-sacerdotalis_en.html

“Wherefore, in order that all doubt may be removed regarding a matter of great importance, a matter which pertains to the Church’s divine constitution itself, in virtue of my ministry of confirming the brethren (cf. Lk 22:32) I declare that the Church has no authority whatsoever to confer priestly ordination on women and that this judgment is to be definitively held by all the Church’s faithful.”

Yet some of our Catholic University courses apparently ignore this and keep on promoting female priesthood.

That’s not all that they are promoting. There is a play called the V_monologues according to which a young lady is said to attain her personal salvation by means of lesbian activity with an older lady? I don;t know why the Catholic college Holy Cross College in Worcester, Massachusetts would be showing this play on Ash Wednesday? Not just showing it, but having students put it on?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.