Boston's Cardinal O'Malley bars talk by dissident Austrian cleric

From CWN
Boston’s Cardinal Sean O’Malley has forbidden a speaking appearance by a dissident Austrian priest at a local parish.
Father Helmut Schüller, the leader of the Austrian Priests’ Initiative, was scheduled to speak in July at St. Susanna’s parish church in Dedham, a Boston suburb. Father Schüller is making a tour of the US, speaking in several cities about the Austrian group, which brought together several hundred Austrian priests in a “Call to Disobedience,” a vow to ignore Church teachings on several controversial issues.

Hats off to Cardinal O’Malley!

(BTW, as is CWN’s wont, there is a link to an original article at the Fishwrap. I personally don’t have the stomach for the Fishwrap today)

Thank you +Cardinal O’Malley for defending your Flock. I pray that all Prelates do likewise wherever this Priest visits.

:dancing:

Organizers of Father Schüller’s speaking tour announced that the Austrian cleric would still speak in Dedham on the scheduled date in July; the talk will be delivered at a local Unitarian church.

:yup: :rotfl: :bigyikes: :stuck_out_tongue: :rolleyes:

Episcopal backbone-----hooray!!!:thumbsup:

Thank you Cardinal O’Malley!:thumbsup:

I am so happy and grateful that Cardinal O’Malley is beginning to flex his muscles to lead his flock. Keep up the good work and don’t be afraid!

Cardinal O’Malley bans you from speaking on church property for disobedience, and Catholic Answers cheers. Way to go!

The bishops of Sacramento and Worcester, MA ban you from speaking on church property for being a joke and bigot, and… Catholic Answers publishes a book with you, and puts ads for it all over the site.

napavalleyregister.com/news/opinion/mailbag/kolbe-academy-robert-spencer-and-religious-liberty/article_70665c2c-e6bc-11e2-88ad-001a4bcf887a.html

Way to go, Cardinal Seán. I love this man :slight_smile:

For those interested, he has own blog. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.