Bounce Dryer Sheets

I got this e-mail about Bounce dryer sheets. I thought some of these were good tips so I wanted to share them with you guys!

1. All this time you’ve just been putting Bounce in the dryer! It will chase ants away when you lay a sheet near them. It also repels mice.

2. Put Bounce around foundation areas, or in trailers, or cars that are parked for a time. Will keep mice from getting in.

3. It takes the odor out of books and photo albums that don’t get opened too often.

4. It repels mosquitoes! Tie a sheet of Bounce through a belt loop when outdoors during mosquito season.

5. Eliminate static electricity from your television (or computer) screen.

6. Since Bounce is designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe your television screen with a used sheet of Bounce to keep dust from resettling.

7. Dissolve soap scum from shower doors. Clean with a sheet of Bounce.

8. To freshen the air in your home - Place an individual sheet of Bounce in a drawer or hang in the closet.

9. Put Bounce sheet in vacuum cleaner.

10. Prevent thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through a sheet of Bounce before beginning to sew.

11. Prevent musty suitcases. Place an individual sheet of Bounce inside empty luggage before storing.

12. To freshen the air in your car - Place a sheet of Bounce under the front seat.

13. Clean baked-on foods from a cooking pan. Put a sheet in a pan, fill with water, let sit overnight, and sponge clean. The anti-static agent apparently weakens the bond between the food and the pan.

14. Eliminate odors in wastebaskets. Place a sheet of Bounce at the bottom of the wastebasket.

15. Collect cat hair. Rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce will magnetically attract all the loose hairs.

16. Eliminate static electricity from Venetian blinds. Wipe the blinds with a sheet of Bounce to prevent dust from resettling.

17. Wipe up sawdust from drilling or sand papering. A used sheet of Bounce will collect sawdust like a tack cloth.

18. Eliminate odors in dirty laundry. Place an individual sheet of Bounce at the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.

19. Deodorize shoes or sneakers. Place a sheet of Bounce in your shoes or sneakers overnight.

20. Golfers put a Bounce sheet! In their back pocket to keep the bees away.

21. Put a Bounce sheet in your sleeping bag and tent before folding and storing them. It will keep them smelling fresh.

I LOVE bounce dryer sheets!!! w/o them, my clothes get all staticy and…they give me shocks.

Snopes tried each of these claims and found some true and some false:

snopes.com/inboxer/household/bounce.asp

Not all of them work:
See: snopes.com/inboxer/household/bounce.asp

I buy the generic store brand. Its a lot cheaper, and I think it works/smells better than Bounce.

:smiley: I didn’t see your post Jim until after I posted.:slight_smile:

I always check SNOPES.COM before I believe emails I get! It seems that 90-95% of them that are about specific products are not always true. It seems these originate from those who are either promoting their product or slandering the competitor’s product.

My mother forwards MANY emails of this nature and more often than not, I send her a “hoax” link back from snopes.:slight_smile:

Thanks for the information though keri6789! The ones that are true are interesting!

Darn, I was hoping the mosquito repellant one would work.

I’ve heard many people praise Bounce sheets and hot vinegar for getting off difficult soap scum from the shower walls.

Watch out using it on couches, clothing, or anything cloth. It can leave a white streak. It washes out, but it doesn’t rub out easily. It is particularly bad on black clothes.

I use a bounce sheet on the underside of skirts or pants that are clinging to me. I’ll rub the sheet all over the inside, then along my panty hose if I’m wearing any, and the static goes away.

Several years ago, we were camping at a State park. The deer flies were really bothering my husband. As we went on a hike with the camp ranger, my husband was stung on his face several times and each bite swelled. The ranger gave my husband two dryer sheets to place around his head band. The deer flies left his face alone! used the same trick last week and it kept the deer flies at bay.

bounce has the only fragrance free variety available in our stores, some of those tips work, some dont’t
I would not use anything on electronics that is not made for the purpose.

I use used ones, or did when I sewed, as backing for small counted crosstitch pieces, or interfacing for small projects.

I spray used ones with cologne I like but cannot wear and tuck it in underwear drawers and linen closets and in shoes not worn often.

I have found no insect repellent properties at all

I do save them for clean-ups, dusting, catching bugs, etc. since I don’t like using paper towels.

new ones, scented, are good for deoderizing luggage etc. but don’t keep dampness out, so if that is a problem get a product for that purpose.

My grandmother must of gotten wind of this, as she was touting it as a miracle at the last family gathering.

I teased her she sounded like the grandpa from “my big fat greek wedding” and his windex.:smiley:

I use them to get the static out of my hair (and my daughter’s) during the winter. I just lightly swipe it through my hair and on the brushes/combs. I haven’t noticed any residue.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.