Boy saints' name suggestions

Agreeing on baby names is hard! It looks like our twins are boys (will be confirmed in a few weeks, if they cooperate), and we're having trouble agreeing on names. I'm looking for some saint names- common or unusual- that you love. Maybe someone will suggest something we haven't thought of and both love. :)

thanks!

Well...personally, I love Dominic, after Saint Dominic de Guzman, founder of the Dominican Order. I also love the name Sebastian...

There is also Nathanial, Cornelius, Lance and Malachi...all great names with great Saints attached to them.

[quote="Blenderx, post:1, topic:206434"]
Agreeing on baby names is hard! It looks like our twins are boys (will be confirmed in a few weeks, if they cooperate), and we're having trouble agreeing on names. I'm looking for some saint names- common or unusual- that you love. Maybe someone will suggest something we haven't thought of and both love. :)

thanks!

[/quote]

Ambrose, Louis, Anthony, Dominic, Martin, John, Matthew, Luke, Peter, Paul, Noah, Jude, Christopher, (my personal favorite cause im named after him) Edward

Michael, Paul, Peter, Elias, Simeon

Oh! Forgot to add...Cornelius can be shortened to Lee since it is such a long name...or Nel, although I think it is a bit outdated as a nickname for a boy...

Joseph!

Maximilian Kolbe

I always wanted to name a daughter Kolbe. I did name my son Maximilian. It was a middle name. He likes being called Max.

[quote="Blenderx, post:1, topic:206434"]

thanks!

[/quote]

Benjamin
Sebastian
Elias
Johannes
Matthias
Josef

Some of my favourites... all from the Bible exept Sebastian who was a saint ..
Congrats with your twins,, How lovely !

St. Patrick, St. Michael,

Pachomius and Fulgentius.

Odo and Charbel.

Linus and Cletus.

Botuid and Mesrop.

...sorry you asked?

[quote="kmuestwin, post:6, topic:206434"]
Joseph!

[/quote]

I like Joseph also. What a remarkable saint he is. He helped raise a Child that he did not father with a young woman who was conceived by the Holy Spirit. How amazing is it that he could do this?

I always thought Cosmas and Damian would be nice for twin boys. They were really awesome twin doctor saints!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saints_Cosmas_and_Damian

Of course, Cosmas is a little off the beaten path.:)

[quote="Moscati, post:12, topic:206434"]
I always thought Cosmas and Damian would be nice for twin boys. They were really awesome twin doctor saints!

[/quote]

yeah but his nickname could be cozy, and that would be funny lol
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

(i know, i know, stupid but think about "Sup Cozy")

I always wanted a Simon....sigh,...I'll just have to keep trying ;)

I am partial to Thomas (there have been several great Saints-the Apostle, Aqunas, Beckett, More), Michael, and though it is quite uncommon these days, Ignatius

Mesrop and Malachi! You could nickname them M&M....

Okay, so I want chocolate...

[quote="Moscati, post:12, topic:206434"]

[/quote]

You couls also go with Cyril and Methodius, but that would be somewhat...odd.

[quote="Sunflake9, post:9, topic:206434"]
St. Patrick, St. Michael,

[/quote]

I know twins named Patrick and Michael. I also know twins named David and Gregory--after King David, who is associated with the psalms, and Gregory the Great, who is associated with Gregorian chant used to sing the psalms in monasteries. Only the younger twin was named David, not the older one, because King David was the youngest of his brothers, which just goes to show what God has in mind for you doesn't depend on who was born first.

If you want alliterative names, James and John, Paul and Peter. Otherwise, Peter and John go well together. (If you refer to them as Peter and Paul, rather than Paul and Peter, they are going to go through life hearing people ask them what they did with "Mary"....which could happen, anyway.) It does help, though, to have different first initials, so you can mark toys that are identical as far as who is the owner.

I have also heard twins arguing about who had the better saint's name. The names can rhyme or be alliterative or not, but if they have similar "arguing power" or "taunting power", this is a good thing. For instance, don't name one Timothy James (which shortens to the sing-song Tim Jim) and then not pull something like that on the other one.

I know a family who named all their kids after the writers of the New Testament, and simply feminized the names for their girls - Paula, for Paul, and Jana, for John.

[quote="mary_bobo, post:11, topic:206434"]
I like Joseph also. What a remarkable saint he is. He helped raise a Child that he did not father with a young woman who was conceived by the Holy Spirit. How amazing is it that he could do this?

[/quote]

I would love to name a child Joseph. My BIL and nephew are both Joseph, however, so we're gonna use it as a middle name.

[quote="EasterJoy, post:18, topic:206434"]
I know twins named Patrick and Michael. I also know twins named David and Gregory--after King David, who is associated with the psalms, and Gregory the Great, who is associated with Gregorian chant used to sing the psalms in monasteries. Only the younger twin was named David, not the older one, because King David was the youngest of his brothers, which just goes to show what God has in mind for you doesn't depend on who was born first.

[/quote]

Hubby is an identical twin and he and his brother are David and Daniel, after the saints. He's not the sort that wants to name a child after himself, however.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.