Boycott Anti Catholic Forums...part 2

Ok, so here is my proposal. Most Anti-Catholic forums that have a Catholic section, usually is being propped up by Catholics, and the subject of Catholicism usually generates the most interest. It just seems as though most are not sincere and are simply interested in baiting Catholics (see this thread for more clarification: forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=99669). Naturally, we are passionate about the faith, and fall into the trap quite easily.

I think that for LENT ONLY, it would be a good idea to completely stop posting, but continue to look out for lurkers who ask sincerely. At which point, we can PM that person and invite them to either CAF or another Catholic forum where they can ask away.

Then, after Easter Sunday, we all return to the board, and ignore all posts by certain members on those anti-Catholic sites, who deliberately post to incite anger and frustration, and if you were to respond, simply respond with “I’ll be praying for you”. This last part was someone else’s idea, and I think it’s wonderful.
I seem to have a lot of people agreed to this, and if you wanted to join, that would be great. I want this to be only temporary. Please spread the word.

So, here is the Poll again, I want to see if some of you who voted NO on the last thread, would agree to this!

God Bless

I don’t see a poll, but I vote yes!

[quote=Atreyu]I don’t see a poll, but I vote yes!
[/quote]

There ya go!

That absolutely seems reasonable to me.

My only concerns are for those people who are trying to discern God’s calling. I know so many are praying and exploring and they need to hear a Catholic voice to counter the outlandish claims made by some.

The particular board I have been posting on has gone crazy because of a few posters there. I sent a message to the owner earlier today at the recommendation of a priest that posts there . I explained my concerns, and tried to appeal to the reason he states for having the board. If he wants to reach out to Catholics, what purpose does it serve to let them be driven away by tabloid posters who only make inflammatory remarks?

We’ll see what happens, but I am off that board for Lent.

Please keep me informed.

God Bless

Interesting Monkeytape!

I know which board you speak of, and I think that was some great advice the Priest gave you.

Vote people, this is important IMO

By the way, a word to the wise, members of the anti-Catholic forums occasionally come over here and read these posts.

• Liberian

Reminder!

[quote=Liberian]By the way, a word to the wise, members of the anti-Catholic forums occasionally come over here and read these posts.

• Liberian
    [/quote]

GOOD! We have nothing to hide, let them see our concerns and the truth of Catholic doctrine.

Kotton :thumbsup:

I voted yes, and just logged in to lurk a bit on one of the more notirous anti-Catholic boards. They’re like chickens with their heads cut off over there. They post absurd nonsense and see who can one up the next. It’s actually kinda fun watching them sling mud with no one really around to care what venom they spit. I’m making it a habit to P.M. the posting Catholics and invite them over here, and let that board alone for Lent.

Great idea :thumbsup:

This is fine and all, but im sure thousands of posters wont stop (those who dont come to CAF), so it will be more like a slight dent in the number of people, rather than a mass stoppage.

No?

In Christ.

Andre.

Some I’m out of for Lent, but some I’m out of permanently.

Stop and consider…all those people found that a-C forum, but haven’t generally found their way here, have they? (In some cases Glory Be To God for that!). If they really wanted to talk to Catholics and “witness” to us, wouldn’t they have long since reciprocated and come here to present their cases? Many of us have stepped up and offered answers with knowledge and charity under restrictive systems that work against us. I find that…odd, to say the least.

I believe that there comes a time when one should follow Christ’s instructions to shake the dust off as a witness against them and depart.

My time has come on some of them.
Pax vobiscum,

[quote=Liberian]By the way, a word to the wise, members of the anti-Catholic forums occasionally come over here and read these posts.

• Liberian
    [/quote]

Good! Let 'em! We’lll be here to offer answers in charity. :smiley:

the traffic has dropped significantly on those sites. Although, I still go there everyday and PM sincere lurkers to come to the CAF

[quote=Kotton]GOOD! We have nothing to hide, let them see our concerns and the truth of Catholic doctrine.

Kotton :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Kotton,

Yes, it is a good thing, as long as we practice Christian charity and generally behave ourselves. Which, of course, we should do anyway, but I was just giving some additional motivation.

• Liberian

[quote=Magicsilence]This is fine and all, but im sure thousands of posters wont stop (those who dont come to CAF), so it will be more like a slight dent in the number of people, rather than a mass stoppage.

No?
[/quote]

Andre,

The movement to boycott started, I believe, with respect to a particular anti-Catholic Evangelical forum. I have not been on any other anti-Catholic forums, but I can tell you that three days ago there were a few dozen Catholics posting on the one forum that I am familiar with; today there are, if I remember correctly, four Catholics posting there. And the more flagrant anti-Catholics there are rather non-plussed.

• Liberian

Would someone PM me about what anti-Catholic forums you are boycotting?

Just wondering. :slight_smile:

I’ve seen plenty of anti-Catholic sites, but none with forums.

I’m glad you’re all still showing consideration for the people at those forums that really are looking for real deal Catholic sites. I can attest that every time I’ve come across an anti-Catholic site, it’s been while searching for true Catholic sites! For those who know little about Catholicism, it could be such an easy trap to fall into! :frowning:

Love & Blessings
:heart: :shamrock:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.