Brain Death from Swimming Accident

Hi, Prayer Warriors,
The adult daughter of a co-worker was involved in a swimming accident this weekend and is brain dead. They are keeping her alive for organ donation and then will let her go. Please pray hard for her and for her family. As always, thank you and God bless you all.

Praying…

I will pray the chaplet to the Divine Mercy for her today.

I forgot to mention that her name is Kelli. Thanks.

Thank you for your prayers. Kelli was removed from life support and passed away last night. Please pray for her family, especially her mom, as they grieve this life wrenched away from them so suddenly.

O Lord who watches over children in the present life and in the world to come because of their simplicity and innocence of mind, abundantly satisfying them with a place in Abraham’s bosom, bringing them to live in radiantly shining places where the spirits of the righteous dwell: receive in peace the soul of Your little servant, for You Yourself have said, “Let the little children come to Me, for such is the Kingdom of Heaven.” Amen.

I am so sorry for the loss Kelli’s mother and family are suffering.
I will be praying for them that God will somehow comfort them in their shock and grief. Tell them that even in far away Australia someone sends them love and prayers.

Thank you; I’ll certainly tell her. I know she’s grateful for your prayers and will be even more so when the shock wears off and the reality of what’s happened begins to sink in. It hasn’t yet. She has so much to go through. I pray that she’ll feel God with her in her agony and that she’ll be lifted by the many prayers that are being offered.

Prayers beings said.

Blessings,

Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Daughter

For Kelli:

We beseech Thee, O Lord,
in Thy mercy,
to have pity on the soul of Thy handmaid;
do Thou, Who hast freed her
from the perils of this mortal life,
restore to her the portion of everlasting salvation.
Through Christ our Lord,
Amen.

For her family:

God of all consolation,
in your unending love and mercy for us,
you turn the darkness of death into the dawn of new life.
Show compassion to your people in sorrow.
Be our refuge and our strength to lift us
from the darkness of this grief
to peace and joy in your presence.
We ask this through Christ, our Lord.
Amen.

Breaks my heart to hear this. May she rest in peace and God comfort her family.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.