Brand Loyalty

What brands/ products are you loyal to?

There aren't many brands that I am loyal to, most of the time I can't tell a difference between products but here is my list.

Merrell: I honestly don't plant to ever buy another brand of boot/ sneaker/ hiker. These are littlerally the most comfortable and durable shoes I have ever worn! You will certainly pay more for them but they last forever and break-in time is very minimal.

Dawn dish soap: I have found that it really is worth is to spend a little extra for the good stuff. A little goes a long way too.

Stafford Oxford Dress Shirts: I LOVE oxford dress shirts, I wear them to work nearly every day. They are comfortable, durable and stylish. You can wear a tie with them or even wear one untucked and sleeves rolled up with a pair of jeans. I have found that Stafford oxfords fit much better than other inexpensive brands. However, I will admit that I have never owned an expensive oxford.

Canada Dry Ginger Ale: This is the only brand of ginger ale that I like but I really, really like it. The only thing I have had that compares is Ale 8 1 made in eastern Kentucky, THAT is some darn good soda.

I'm also a pretty loyal Yuengling (beer) drinker but I'm not terribly picky.

Your turn!

This brand loyalty posting on the Catholic website inspired me to think of Catholic brand canned vegetables, Vatican brand whitewash, Holy Roman brand motor oil, Cardinal brand pet food, and the greatly loved Sacramental brand wine.

Now those are brands you could be loyal to.

I'm forever loyal to llbean footware and bags. No comparison.

I am not loyal on any foods...except maybe cheerios i can do knock offs of any other cereal...most are the same anyway...

I would like to be brand loyal to Nutro dog food...but its too expensive right now... :( when i had a smaller dog i could afford it.

I am pretty sure i will be brand loyal to my current vehicle. I LOVE it.

I am pretty much brand loyal to secret antiperspirent.....lol tmi

jones soda...im allergic to corn syrup so its a natural choice

[quote="purplesunshine, post:3, topic:221715"]
I'm forever loyal to llbean footware and bags. No comparison.

I am not loyal on any foods...except maybe cheerios i can do knock offs of any other cereal...most are the same anyway...

I would like to be brand loyal to Nutro dog food...but its too expensive right now... :( when i had a smaller dog i could afford it.

I am pretty sure i will be brand loyal to my current vehicle. I LOVE it.

I am pretty much brand loyal to secret antiperspirent.....lol tmi

jones soda...im allergic to corn syrup so its a natural choice

[/quote]

You made me think of two more! I am loyal to Old Spice antiperspirant. Also, I bought a 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 8 months ago and I LOVE it. It is a tank, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Jeep in the future! What type of vehicle do you have now? I know some people are very loyal to Volvo and Subaru...

I'm loyal to Apple for my smartphone needs (as long as I can jailbreak), and Lenovo for my laptops (I've only had one so far, the X201, but I can't imagine buying another brand after how amazing it's been, and the experiences I've seen friends and family have).

I'm loyal to Heinz for ketchup (especially now that they have it available with real sugar, not HFCS).

I'm loyal to Amazon, Newegg, and Woot for my online shopping (okay, so splitting it between three isn't perfect loyalty, but I don't stray outside that group).

I'm loyal to Canon for cameras.

King Arthur flour. The best, bar none, for most breads, especially artisan bread.

(White Lily is best for biscuits or tender cakes but Lady Guinevere comes a darn close second.)

I have found Duracell batteries best for video games (children) and radios (me).

I have a General Electric mixer that is over 40 years old (and still going strong).

Lion Brand yarn is superb, and I LOVE my Clover Takumi bamboo needles (straight and circular).

Philadelphia cream cheese (yum).

Dove soap.

I cannot say that I have any brand loyalties. I don't know what Merrel shoes are or what a Stafford Oxford Dress Shirt looks like. I have never had Starbucks coffee and do not know the brand name of anything I am wearing, sitting on, or listening to.

Coca-Cola is number one on my list!

I had a great record going on loyalty to Saturn... I've owned 3 Saturn vehicles in the last twenty years (first one got traded in, second one got totaled in a near head-on collision) and if something happens to my Relay minivan, my son swears you'll have to bury me with it! Love my Saturns!

That about covers it!

[quote="bluerose, post:8, topic:221715"]
Coca-Cola is number one on my list!

I had a great record going on loyalty to Saturn... I've owned 3 Saturn vehicles in the last twenty years (first one got traded in, second one got totaled in a near head-on collision) and if something happens to my Relay minivan, my son swears you'll have to bury me with it! Love my Saturns!

That about covers it!

[/quote]

So you really can't tell a difference between coke and pepsi?

Starbucks, Coca Cola, many different beers.

[quote="kib, post:9, topic:221715"]
So you really can't tell a difference between coke and pepsi?

[/quote]

Yes, I can... and I know when I'm drinking a Mexican Coke, too... I don't like sweet colas and, to me, Coke (the original) is the only one that doesn't make me think I'm drinking my dessert! Once in a while, my DH wants RC Cola and I'll buy it for him... but I have to be in dire need of a sugar hit to take a sip of one! And I've been known to tolerate "store" brands of cola--Shasta, Lowe's, Sam's Choice, Shurfine, etc.--but if water is an option, I'll take that instead!

Charmin toilet paper :p

Dawn dish soap

Tums antacids

Oreos on the few times I eat store bought cookies

Perrier bottled water, Polo Ralph Lauren, Macintosh computers...

...Boston Celtics...redheads ;)...

I'm loyal to the local store brand of frozen peas. I figure it must be high turnover or something, because they are always so firm and sweet! I am the same way with cooking oil. Get whichever brand and size your store turns over often and cares for well, unless they buy closeout lots or something, in which case avoid it like the plague. I'd purchased so much slightly rancid oil until I adopted these types of rules.

So much of my loyalty depends on how it is handled in the store, I guess, unless whatever it is is impervious to bad handling.

GE appliances, every one we have had since our marriage is still being used someplace by somebody, anytime we deviate and buy or use another brand we are disappointed

New Balance athletic shoes, their wide width really is wide, they last longer, clean up better and come in styles that do not have a seam right over my bunion

burts bees lip balm, the beeswax one, only balm without additives that make chapping worse instead of healing

Lean Cuisine and Stouffers frozen meals, I used to work there so I know the quality and LC has the largest selection of low-carb offerings

no longer have my native Detroit adherence to American made cars, I gave up with that

Probably Fashion Bug (and Lane Bryant by extension). I haaaaaaate clothes shopping...especially for fancy clothes. One shouldn't have to spend an entire *weekend dress hunting only to find something that looks merely tolerable....maybe. But in these two stores the experience really can't get any more painless. I leave with something that looks *good instead of something that's just good enough and I haven't bought my jeans anywhere else in years.

I’m loyal to Purex laundry detergent powder because you can buy a HUGE box for less than three dollars!

[quote="kib, post:4, topic:221715"]
You made me think of two more! I am loyal to Old Spice antiperspirant. Also, I bought a 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 8 months ago and I LOVE it. It is a tank, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Jeep in the future! What type of vehicle do you have now? I know some people are very loyal to Volvo and Subaru...

[/quote]

Old Spice deodorant is definitely worthy of loyalty. I've been using it for over 10 years, I can't remember what my b.o. smells like anymore.

LL Bean, Brooks Brothers, and Ralph Lauren all make quality clothing, though Brooks Brothers and Ralph Lauren especially are expensive, which is why I wait for big sales and favor the outlets over their retail stores.

For best value overall, I am a big fan of Kirkland Non-Iron Dress Shirts. $16.99 at Costco, they look great, they are low maintenance, and they've outlasted a lot of my more expensive shirts!

I hope you gentlemen are using Old Spice Original Scent. What a lovely smell. I can tell without looking when DH has his shirts in the car to go to the laundry!

Mine:

Scott TP, and it has to be on sale for about 50 cents a roll.

Joy dish detergent. Gotta have the lemon.

Tombstone frozen pizza.

Chock Full o’Nuts coffee.

I'm loyal to International Harvester tractors and trucks - even though they haven't built tractors in 30 years and their trucks don't use the name anymore. I "work" my fields with a 54 year old Farmall tractor and mow my lawn with a 35 year old Cub Cadet. I drove to work in 44 year old IH Scout this morning.

Timex wrist watches, SK brand hand tools, Tide laundry soap, Lava hand soap, Redwing shoes and Ruger rifles and handguns. Wild Turkey Rye 101, if they don't have it I usually don't drink (unless its free).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.