Brannon Howse & Mike Gendron attack Pope Francis

Should Pope Francis Be Praised or Exposed? | Worldview Weekend

by Mike Gendron

Over 60 million American Catholics will be praising the pope this week as he visits America.

[size=4]Happy to see the Pope but praising God for him and his faithful Gospel message.

However most Catholics do not know that he is deceiving them with a false and fatal Gospel. By the authority of God’s Word, we know the pope is under divine condemnation for preaching a gospel contrary to the Gospel of God. The apostle Paul warned us: “there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed“ (Gal. 1:6-9)

Let’s look at [/size]Who REALLY Preaches “A Different Gospel”?

The fact is that I have shown many times over the errors and misstatements of this anti-Catholic propagandist who makes his living off of bashing all things Catholic.
Gendron
[LIST]
*] Refutation: Mike Gendron’s “Why Can’t Born Again Christians Remain in the Catholic Church?”
*] Response to Hard Questions to Ask Good Catholics (By Mike Gendron)
*] Refuting anti-Catholic tract: “Rome vs The Bible” by Mike Gendron
*] Refuting: “Is a Catholic Christian an Oxymoron?”
*] Refuting Mike Gendron’s attacks on Eucharistic Adoration
*] Refuting Mike Gendron’s tract “Are You Being Deceived?”
*] Response & Refutation: Mike Gendron’s “Why Can’t Born Again Christians Remain in the Catholic Church?”
*] Mike Gendron doesn’t like me. (Glory be to God!!!)
*] Refuting Mike Gendron’s “Do Pope Francis’s Remarks Have Prophetic Implications?”
*] Mike Gendron’s lies and he wanted to see Pope Benedict XVI
*] Refuting Mike Gendron’s ‘Another Jesus?”
*] Mike Gendron “witnesses” to Priest in confession.
[/LIST]

The Gospel the apostles preached was salvation by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone according to Scripture alone for the glory of God alone.

And yet that is actually far different from the Gospel we actually find in even a casual reading of the New Testament. So then, who is the deceiver in this case?

The pope’s gospel is salvation by sacraments, good works, law keeping and participating in the offering of a false Christ on Catholic altars. Paul warned us: "For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds” (2 Cor. 11:13-15).

This is just Gendron using a cherry picked passage to fake support for his anti- Catholic polemics. It’s nothing new…it SOP for his money making scheme. Sadly some people believe him without fact checking and donate to pay him.
(Cont’d)

We know the “father of lies” does his deceptive work through religious leaders and the pope is the most influential false teacher in the world today.

Anti-Catholic polemics…Just go and look at (the links above) how many times I’ve caught this guy out in gross misstatements on Catholic teaching, and even in gross and intentional misrepresentations of both Catholicism and what the Bible says. He is a prize example of what St. James says.

He continues to shut the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces and will not allow them to enter because of his false and fatal gospel (Mat. 23:15).

Look here at that verse’s context.

[FONT=Georgia][size=4]

Instead of praising him this week, we should be exposing the pope for being a pawn of the devil. Some may think I am unloving and harsh for saying this but the truth must be told for the sake of those who are being deceived. The Lord Jesus pronounced many “woes” on false teachers for leading people to hell (Mat. 23).

How many times will this guy have to be exposed for the false teacher that he is and deceiving n-Cs (and ignorant Catholics!) before people stop paying him to produce all this propaganda and polemics based upon scriptural misinterpretation and deliberate misrepresentation of Catholic beliefs?

Unloving? Perhaps, but my problem is your deliberate deception about Catholic beliefs and gross misinterpretation of scripture in order to solicit donations and support yourself. St. Paul sums Gendron up well in 1st Timothy 6 when he says, "[FONT=Palatino Linotype]***[10] For the love of money is the root of all evils; it is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced their hearts with many pangs.*** "

I have great compassion for the precious Catholic souls who are where I was for many years of my life - believing I was in the one true church but unknowing deceived and destined for the eternal fires of hell. The nature of deception is that people do not know they are deceived until they are confronted with the truth. It is my prayer that every blood bought Christian will faithfully proclaim the true Gospel to Catholics this week.

What is odd is that this guy claims to have been a Catholic and yet he so grossly misrepresents Catholic teaching. One has to wonder whether it is authentic ignorance or deliberate deception for money.

The New Testament says the following about these kind of teachers and preachers. (2nd Timothy 4)
[/FONT]
***[size=4][3] For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own likings, [4] and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander into myths.***[/size][/size][/FONT]

The Pope’s message is one of love in action for all people and all Creation. How can that be the work of an evil demon? If Howse and Gendron are so critical of the Pope and Catholicism, I must wonder what they think of Judaism, which likewise places such great emphasis on performing good deeds for others, even above faith.

At some point, the good Lord will sort all of this out. Someone who is well-established in their faith will not fall for the cherry-picking of Catholic doctrine. You are correct that the danger is for those who are less-well established in their faith or for those who are thinking about converting.

This attack has a familiar ring from ancient history: Mt. 27:18
“For he (Pilate) knew that the religious leaders had delivered Him up out of ENVY.”

Clearly, from all that you have shared previously on this forum, Gendron has nothing better to do with his time than to devote it to attacking Catholics. It must be very lucrative to the pocket book. :smiley:

Agreed but these kind are going to come out of the woodwork. The devil just can’t leave Jesus’s teachings, His Church and the Pope alone and uses those like that to do his dirty work. Won’t they be surprised when they finally one day learn the TRUTH!! Either in this world or the NEXT!! God Bless, Memaw

I agree, but the bible does warn us at some point, MANY people in the church will fall for a lie, so that tells me, the deception is probably going to be VERY VERY convincing, it is not going to a black and white kind of thing, which is easily spotted by the faithful.

Gendron pursues his attack on Pope Francis and our faith in latest newsletter
Beware of False Prophets in White Robes.

As we watched the non-stop coverage of the pope’s visit to America last month, many of the scenes appeared to be apocalyptic. We saw multitudes of people flocking to get a glimpse of a mortal man who was unknown just three years ago. The national excitement for this false prophet was overwhelming as gullible people hung on his every word. It was heartbreaking to see such adoration given to a deceiver who holds people captive in his false religious system. Warnings from the true head of the church were ignored. The Lord Jesus said, “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves” (Mat. 7:15). Jesus said, “I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not receive me. If another comes in his own name, you will receive him” (John 5:43). Clearly, the pope did not come in the Father’s name, but he arrogantly wears the title reserved for the one and only “Holy Father” (John 17:11). Tragically, most Catholics do not know the Word of God, and their ignorance makes them easy prey for the worst kind of deception.

Pope Francis did not mention Jesus Christ a single time in his entire address to Congress, yet he claims to be the Vicar of Christ and the Head of Christ’s Church. Knowing that the Lord Jesus is the very foundation of the Christian faith, the pope’s omission speaks volumes about his worldly agenda. In a message the next day at St. Patrick’s Cathedral, the pope did mention Jesus, but in a deceptively misleading way. He said, “We need to remember that we are followers of Jesus… and his life, humanly speaking, ended in failure, the failure of the cross.”

Where is the outrage among Roman Catholics? When will they awake from their stupor and run from this blasphemer? The life of Christ was anything but a failure at the cross. His death, which satisfied divine justice for the sins of His people, was according to the predetermined plan of God (Acts 2:23). When the sinless Savior accomplished everything necessary to save His people, He cried out in victory, “It is finished!” (John 19:30). The good shepherd laid down His life for the sheep (John 10:11). No one took the Lord’s life; He laid it down on His own accord (John10:18). How dare the pope say the life of Jesus ended in failure! The pope, and all other false prophets, are described by Jesus as thieves who come to steal and kill and destroy the sheep (John 10:10). The pope knows the difference between success and failure. No one has been more successful in directing people towards the wide road to destruction with his perverted gospel.

Click link above for the rest of his pedantic anti-Catholic diatribe.

But he did mention God. Is this guy saying that Jesus Christ is NOT God?

Careful there, Gendron.

It was heartbreaking to see such adoration given to a deceiver who holds people captive in his false religious system.

I don’t recall seeing even one person offering anything that would remotely appear to have been adoration…do any of you?

The Lord Jesus said, “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves” (Mat. 7:15).

I have yet to see anything that would even hint at Pope Francis being a “ravening wolf” in either his speech, demeanor, or behavior…have you guys?

Jesus said, “I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not receive me. If another comes in his own name, you will receive him” (John 5:43). Clearly, the pope did not come in the Father’s name, but he arrogantly wears the title reserved for the one and only “Holy Father” (John 17:11).

Did anyone see anything anywhere where Pope Francis indicated that he came in any name other than that of Christ and Him crucified? Did he call for anything other than morality and justice to the whole world?

Tragically, most Catholics do not know the Word of God, and their ignorance makes them easy prey for the worst kind of deception.

I am a devout and faithful Catholic and I know the Word of God at least as well and generally better than most of the n-Cs I have encountered (Both lay and clergy) and that especially includes you Mike Gendron. I have studied your messages and shown again and again that you are deceptive and errant in your use of the scriptures and your never ending misrepresentations about the Catholic faith. I have also shown that, for someone who calls his organization, “Proclaiming the Gospel” you do anything but…wasting people’s time and defrauding them of their money in exchange for your messages of deception and even lies about the Catholic faith. If you actually did what your name professes we would all be able to rejoice in that , but until then…:shrug:

[size=3]Pope Francis did not mention Jesus Christ a single time in his entire address to Congress

, yet he claims to be the Vicar of Christ and the Head of Christ’s Church. Knowing that the Lord Jesus is the very foundation of the Christian faith, the pope’s omission speaks volumes about his worldly agenda. http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/corona_stellarum/Smilies/5abe08cc-aeeb-4fd8-bfb5-3138fb13f80b_zps49o9hdvy.jpg
What is that hanging around Pope Francis’s neck Mike, huh? it’s a crucifix! the clear and constant reminder of whose name and whose message Pope Francis comes to us in. in the very same way that St. Paul tells us he came to people. [/size]***“For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ, and him crucified.” (1st Corinthians 2:2***)

In a message the next day at St. Patrick’s Cathedral, the pope did mention Jesus, but in a deceptively misleading way. He said, “We need to remember that we are followers of Jesus… and his life, humanly speaking, ended in failure, the failure of the cross.”

Way to go Jimmy Akin for answering this so well! [Akin]

Where is the outrage among Roman Catholics? When will they awake from their stupor and run from this blasphemer?

It’s right here Gendron as we respond to another of your pedantic and deceptive diatribes against our most holy faith for the sake of the money that you know people with itching ears will throw your way.

The life of Christ was anything but a failure at the cross. His death, which satisfied divine justice for the sins of His people, was according to the predetermined plan of God (Acts 2:23). When the sinless Savior accomplished everything necessary to save His people, He cried out in victory, “It is finished!” (John 19:30). The good shepherd laid down His life for the sheep (John 10:11). No one took the Lord’s life; He laid it down on His own accord (John10:18).

As I said above Jimmy Akins has already dealt with this, but rest assured that every faithful Catholic from Pope Francis to the lowliest Catholic in the pews (me perhaps, see Luke 17:10) will readily say Amen and alleluia to what you have stated there. Unfortunately you waste time bashing us rather than proclaiming that Gospel…

How dare the pope say the life of Jesus ended in failure! The pope, and all other false prophets, are described by Jesus as thieves who come to steal and kill and destroy the sheep (John 10:10). The pope knows the difference between success and failure.

If that was what he really said…yet you misconstrue it as if both you and all your followers are to stupid and ignorant to comprehend…You truly fulfill Isaiah 6:9 "
9] And he said, [FONT=Palatino Linotype][size=4]"…`Hear and hear, but do not understand; see and see, but do not perceive.’"

No one has been more successful in directing people towards the wide road to destruction with his perverted gospel.

Just another deceptive polemic…shameful. You truly fulfill what St. James said, [FONT=Palatino Linotype]"***[/FONT][/FONT][/size]***[FONT=Palatino Linotype] Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, for you know that we who teach shall be judged with greater strictness." (James 3:1) may God have mercy on you and all those you deceive.[/FONT]

Originally posted by Mike Gendron(?): Pope Francis did not mention Jesus Christ a single time in his entire address to Congress

Interestingly, Mike, in this address, the inspired author “did not mention Jesus Christ a single time” either.

The Presbyter to the beloved Gaius whom I love in truth.a
Beloved, I hope you are prospering in every respect and are in good health, just as your soul is prospering.
I rejoiced greatly when some of the brothers* came and testified to how truly you walk in the truth.b
Nothing gives me greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.c
Beloved, you are faithful in all you do* for the brothers, especially for strangers;d
they have testified to your love before the church.e Please help them in a way worthy of God to continue their journey.*
For they have set out for the sake of the Name* and are accepting nothing from the pagans.
Therefore, we ought to support such persons, so that we may be co-workers in the truth.
I wrote to the church, but Diotrephes, who loves to dominate,* does not acknowledge us.
Therefore, if I come,* I will draw attention to what he is doing, spreading evil nonsense about us. And not content with that, he will not receive the brothers, hindering those who wish to do so and expelling them from the church.
Beloved, do not imitate evil* but imitate good. Whoever does what is good is of God; whoever does what is evil has never seen God.f
Demetrius* receives a good report from all, even from the truth itself. We give our testimonial as well, and you know our testimony is true.g
I have much to write to you, but I do not wish to write with pen and ink.h
Instead, I hope to see you soon, when we can talk face to face.
Peace be with you. The friends greet you; greet the friends* there each by name.
usccb.org/bible/3john/1

Yet I presume that you don’t have a problem with this text not mentioning Jesus?

^ ^ ^ :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.