BREAKING— AUDIO Released of JOE BIDEN Pressuring Ukrainian President Poroshenko to FIRE VIKTOR SHOKIN Who Was Investigating His Son!

Where did I mention the prosecutor? I specifically referred to him forcing himself on Tara Reade. Whether he did or not, and whether or not that is unacceptable has nothing to do with the number of people dead from COVID, or the destruction to the economy wrought by the stay at home orders.

2 Likes

" On February 2, 2016 Shokin arrested the property of Mykola Zlochevsky, the owner of Burisma Holdings (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burisma_Holdings). Previously, the investigation of Burisma had been shelved by his predecessor in 2014. The Obama administration withheld $1 billion in loan guarantees to pressure the Ukrainian government to remove Shokin from office"

Context: An audio recording of a conversation between Vice President of the United States Joe Biden and President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko on February 18, 2016. Discussion of the person of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine Viktor Shokin.

In 2015, Shokin became the prosecutor general, inheriting the investigation. The Obama administration and other governments and non-governmental organizations soon became concerned that Shokin was not adequately pursuing corruption in Ukraine, was protecting the political elite, and was regarded as “an obstacle to anti-corruption efforts”.[22] Among other issues, he was slow-walking the investigation into Zlochevsky and Burisma and, according to Zlochevsky’s allies, using the threat of prosecution to try to solicit bribes from Mr. Zlochevsky and his team – to the extent that Obama officials were considering launching their own criminal investigation into the company for possible money laundering.[35]

Shokin claimed in May 2019 that he had been investigating Burisma Holdings.[30][43][44] However, Vitaly Kasko, who had been Shokin’s deputy overseeing international cooperation before resigning in February 2016 citing corruption in the office, provided documents to Bloomberg News indicating that under Shokin, the investigation into Burisma had been dormant.[45][46]

The investigation into Burisma only pertained to events happening before[47] Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, joined the board of directors of Burisma Holdings in 2014.[48]

1 Like

That is the topic of the thread.
You mentioned culpability before deflecting off-topic.

Quid Pro Joe

Shokin, meanwhile, filed a criminal complaint against Biden in Kiev this February, in which he writes:

During the period 2014-2016, the Prosecutor General’s Office of Ukraine was conducting a preliminary investigation into a series of serious crimes committed by the former Minister of Ecology of Ukraine Mykola Zlotchevsky and by the managers of the company “Burisma Holding Limited “(Cyprus), the board of directors of which included, among others, Hunter Biden, son of Joseph Biden, then vice-president of the United States of America.

The investigation into the above-mentioned crimes was carried out in strict accordance with Criminal Law and was under my personal control as the Prosecutor General of Ukraine.

Owing to my firm position on the above-mentioned cases regarding their prompt and objective investigation, which should have resulted in the arrest and the indictment of the guilty parties, Joseph Biden developed a firmly hostile attitude towards me which led him to express in private conversations with senior Ukrainian officials, as well as in his public speeches, a categorical request for my immediate dismissal from the post of Attorney General of Ukraine in exchange for the sum of US $ 1 billion in as a financial guarantee from the United States for the benefit of Ukraine.

Of course Shokin would say that now. He is hardly a trustworthy witness.

1 Like

Democrats are PANICKED after a Senate panel announced plans to issue subpoenas related to Hunter Biden and corruption at Burisma Holdings.

Senate Republicans approved subpoenas in their investigation of Hunter Biden and Burisma on Wednesday.

This comes the day after Ukrainian officials released the recordings of Joe Biden and former Ukrainian President discussing their quid pro quo agreement on firing the prosecutor who was investigating Hunter Biden in exchange for IMF funding.

Well, I guess that explains why Shokin has never been charged with anything. He didn’t do anything.

1 Like

In Kiev late last month, District Court Judge S. V. Vovk ordered the country’s law enforcement services to formally list the fired prosecutor, Victor Shokin, as the victim of an alleged crime by the former U.S. vice president, according to an official English translation of the ruling obtained by Just the News.

The court had previously ordered the Prosecutor General’s Office and the State Bureau of Investigations in February to investigate Shokin’s claim that he was fired in spring 2016 under pressure from Biden because he was investigating Burisma Holdings, the natural gas company where Biden’s son Hunter worked.

The court ruled then that there was adequate evidence to investigate Shokin’s claim that Biden’s pressure on then-President Petro Poroshenko, including a threat to withhold $1 billion in U.S. loan guarantees, amounted to unlawful interference in Shokin’s work as Ukraine’s chief prosecutor.

Somebody wake me up when Biden solicits campaign help for president in this story

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.