Breaking: pope declares troubling interpretation of al ‘authentic magisterium’

https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/breaking-pope-declares-troubling-interpretation-of-al-authentic-magisterium

What does this mean? Is this heresy? Last time I checked people in mortal sin Cannot receive communion

I honestly don’t know, but it is quite disturbing…

Have a bit more faith. Do you consider that website to be trustworthy?

I trust Pope Francis a lot more than I trust whoever wrote that article.

In other words, I suspect that the article is misrepresenting, sensationalizing, stirring up trouble, trying to get attention, and just plain wrong.

The crisis deepens…

What on the article could be considered biased? The article is based primarily off of quotes from the persons involved…

As the article says

1. Pope Francis has officially approved the interpretation of Amoris Laetitia that opens Holy Communion to the divorced and civilly remarried in some instances
  2. This story is unfolding as we write, and will be updated.

It’s prudent to wait for the particulars

I concur 100%! This is sensational and rather disturbing. There’s no fire and the Catholic Church is not imploding. Personally, I don’t care for Church Militant. Something just seems off, like they’re gonna snap at any minute.

Instances which the Pope has said ought to be defined by the persons in question…

Based on the opinions of unnamed persons:

• “According to experts whom Church Militant has consulted…”

• “… qualified as “very troubling” by one expert whom Church Militant consulted…”

• “Consequently, some are arguing…”

So far all I’m seeing is tabloid-grade gossip.

Church Militant? As in Michael Voris? He is rather extreme. I would seek more level heads.

The directives of the Buenos Aires bishops caused controversy last year because it interpreted the pope’s apostolic exhortation to allow Holy Communion in certain cases to those in invalid unions who deliberately engage in sexual relations. In the Pope’s September 5 letter to the bishops, he praised their interpretation.

“The document is very good and completely explains the meaning of Chapter VIII of Amoris Laetitia,” he said, adding, “There are no other interpretations.”

The Pope says that the laity should decide these cases for themselves…

“For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh judgment to himself, not discerning the body of the Lord.” 1 Corinthians 11:29

“You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.” Matthew 24:6 In other words, beware rumors and sensationalism.

I will await word from the Vatican.

How is a quote directly from the Pope a rumor?

Such quotes can be, and frequently are, misinterpreted or misrepresented.

“The document is very good and completely explains the meaning of Chapter VIII of Amoris Laetitia,” he said, adding, “There are no other interpretations.

Not too much up for interperetation…

Did he say the Eucharist should be given to people in Mortal Sin, or is that someone else’s interpretation?

Things are heating up on this Thread! Deploying countermeasures!

Countermeasures? You got it! Time for a prayer!

May the Holy Spirit continue to bless and guide the Catholic Church and all the faithful always toward faith, holiness, truth, and love.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.