Breast plate in Isaiah 59: 17 of LXX?

Is the LXX of Isaiah 59: 17 the same as breastplate of Ephesians 6: 14 and I Thessalonians 5: 8? THANKS!!!

Ephesians 6: 14 So stand fast with your loins girded in truth, clothed with righteousness as a breastplate (“thōrax”), 15 and your feet shod in readiness for the gospel of peace.

I Thessalonians 5: 8 But since we are of the day, let us be sober, putting on the breastplate (“thōrax”), of faith and love and the helmet that is hope for salvation.

Isaiah 59: 17 He put on justice as his breastplate (“thōrax”), salvation, as the helmet on his head; He clothed himself with garments of vengeance, wrapped himself in a mantle of zeal.

I could use help.

Thank you!

Hi Jim,

In Isaiah, the passage is talking about God, who is sort of on the war path against those unfaithful to Him. The New Testament talks about Christians fighting evil. There is a relationship that some Bibles acknowledge by cross-referencing these passages.

Verbum

They are the exact same words in Greek.

I asked in another forum.

THANKS!!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.