Brick Wall

Do you ever feel like you are talking to a brick wall…

I am a member of one or two NC boards. I dont realy post much unless t defend. I always try and keep it civil and never rude.

I guess I just dont understadn how people can so blindly beleive such falsities.

I jsut saw someone post that lsit of like 12 ‘offenses’ of the church that I think is in bottneers (sp) book. trying to play them off as his own.

I offer scripture, i offer the logic behind it. i provide historical proof (always rejected of coarse). I guess I just dont understand how people can be so cold.

They ask they questions, I give an answer, then the answer is ignored and asked again somewhere else.

It makes me terribly sad when dealing wiht this, and extremely exhausting. But I do what I can.

if anyone is on Edited Name of Anti-Catholic Forums and see Hesienburg, help me out on occasion as I am growing werey of repeating the same info only to have it ignored…

No point really to the thread, just sharing…

peace to each of you in christ

If you feel like youre talking to a brick wall.

Leave.

If you have repeated the same statements again and again.

There is nothing more you can do.

Leave it up to God Almghty through prayer.

In Christ.

Andre.

I was on the Edited Name of Anti-Catholic Forums boards for a while and finally I just gave up and left.

The person who “owns” the board is very anti-catholic. He puts so called documents online and intreprets them how HE thinks they should be intrepreted and entirely out of context.
These people have treated me like I was a leper and I’ve never been “spoken” to like that in my life.

My advice? LEAVE and don’t look back! These people are not Christians in their behavior. You tried, now, shake the dust from your feet and get out of there. Nothing you could say or do will change how they feel about us. I don’t even think that Jesus Himself, in the flesh, could convince them!

It is easier to be ignored in a forum than face-to-face in a one-on-one situation. I find it much easier to talk to someone about my Faith, and correct misconceptions when I am talking to them face to face in a friendly manner.

People are generally more respectful, and even if they are not exactly open to what you are saying, they are less likely to respond to you in a vitriolic and hurtful way. I look for dialogue, not arguments.

[quote=Magicsilence]If you feel like youre talking to a brick wall.

Leave.

If you have repeated the same statements again and again.

There is nothing more you can do.

Leave it up to God Almghty through prayer.

In Christ.

Andre.
[/quote]

Never, ever forget that you’re targeting not just this poster, but the silent majority of readers who read your comments and his without commenting themselves. It’s easy to say that your work has borne no fruit because you haven’t seen the fruit, but you can never know how much you’ve truly done for those who aren’t going in, guns blazing-- in other words, the majority of the people there.

I feel like I’m running into a brick wall all the time. It is completely frustrating.

I think the majority of people can “just believe” things because they don’t want to do the work. And the biggie, they don’t want to think that they might be wrong. It’s terribly devastating to find out that what you believe isn’t really the truth.

Though I fully understand your feelings here guys, I did remove the name of the board under discussion in order to avoid encouraging a “board swarm” because the folks over there will then feel the need to reciprocate. They tend to show up here sooner or later anyway. :smiley:

Trying to speak the truth in love is hard sometimes, and I myself wander around some other non-Catholic forums and some I have pretty well left because they are just not listening. I have learned that I never want to be the kind of moderator or admin that I have encountered on some of them. Their board policies and practices make it nearly impossible to have any kind of meaningful dialog. I am always glad to come back here to CAF;where we try really hard to leave people the maximum amount of freedom to discuss, so long as they are charitable and respectful to each other. I will say that in general I find that you guys are far and away more charitable in your answers to non-Catholics with heated disagreements than some of them are with us on their own forums. I praise God for that and remember you all in prayer every time I pray.

My advice as a fellow Catholic and a moderator?

If a forum doesn’t make you feel welcome and allow you the courteous defense of our faith, then don’t support them in any way. Don’t post anything but the facts (with documentation and context) and the first time you get hassled by someone and the mods don’t address the issue…walk.

Then be very very sure that we never give as good as we got here at CAF. Hold yourselves to a higher standard…because we know that’s what Our Lord wants us to do, right?

Luke 6:31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

1st Peter 3:15 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts. Always be ready to give an explanation to anyone who asks you for a reason for your hope, 16 but do it with gentleness and reverence, keeping your conscience clear, so that, when you are maligned, those who defame your good conduct in Christ may themselves be put to shame. 17 For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that be the will of God, than for doing evil.

God bless you all. Be of good cheer!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.