Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston … engaged

“We got engaged two weeks ago,” Bristol, 19, tells Us Weekly. “It felt right, even though we don’t have the approval of our parents.”…

“I really thought we were over,” Levi tells Us Weekly. “So when I went, I had no hope. I think we both just started talking — and then we took Tripp for a walk.”
Says Bristol, “When he left that night, we didn’t hug or kiss, but I was thinking how different it was. He texted me: ‘I miss you. I love you. I want to be with you again’ … I was in shock.”…

Says Bristol [of Sarah Palin], “It is intimidating and scary just to think about what her reaction is going to be. Hopefully she will jump on board.”

:eek:

I thought they were finished

To be young and brainless again. After what he pulled with the bad publicity with the Palin family? hmmm........Sarah is going to be beside herself. Sometimes what your children do to you is criminal.

I'm happy about this. They have an adorable child, they're both still young.

We need to pray for them I hope they make it. As Sarah said, “We need to do what is best for the children."

[quote="Teelynn, post:3, topic:205284"]
To be young and brainless again. After what he pulled with the bad publicity with the Palin family? hmmm........Sarah is going to be beside herself. Sometimes what your children do to you is criminal.

[/quote]

As a parent, I think she'll be supportive and forgive Levi. He is the father of her grandson and will hopefully mature...most of us do. :o

I can't understand why anyone would introduce this topic on a Catholic Answers Forum -- I don't think it's anyone's business but the Palin and Johnston families.

[quote="JadeStarr, post:4, topic:205284"]
I'm happy about this. They have an adorable child, they're both still young.

[/quote]

Me too. a child needs a father.

[quote="gilliam, post:1, topic:205284"]

“We got engaged two weeks ago,” Bristol, 19, tells Us Weekly. “It felt right, even though we don’t have the approval of our parents.”…

“I really thought we were over,” Levi tells Us Weekly. “So when I went, I had no hope. I think we both just started talking — and then we took Tripp for a walk.”
Says Bristol, “When he left that night, we didn’t hug or kiss, but I was thinking how different it was. He texted me: ‘I miss you. I love you. I want to be with you again’ … I was in shock.”…

[/quote]

I think I'm happy to hear this news. They are a mother and father with a child, and it would be a good idea for them to marry :)

We can't forget the horrible things that Levi said about Bristol and more mean were the comments about the Palin family. Sure, he was young. 'The actions of youth should be forgiven'... but Bristol Palin is still part of this family and it's got to put her in an awkward situation when conflicts come up and they are sure to! :eek:

The ideal thing is for a couple to marry and then conceive a child. This didn't happen in this case. What can be done to rectify this? Maybe it's getting married. Maybe not. At least they are considering it. Besides, I don't see any rice yet! :D

As Church Lady would say, “Well … isn’t that special?”

Blech!

"Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston … engaged”

[/quote]

*Well, it's about time!! * :mad:

Those two should have made an "honest person" out of each other a long time ago...

Honestly, with all the ink that's been put to paper and electrons to screens about this, could either one of those two ever have really considered anyone else as a spouse?

Poor little Tripp would always be "Bristol Palin's son" or "Sarah Palin's grandson" to everyone... and Levi Johnston would always be "The guy who knocked up Bristol Palin" to the rest of the world. Making a genuine family out of the three of them (Levi, Bristol & Tripp) will certainly go a long way toward cleaning up a personal mess that spilled into the public's news.

(Unless this whole thing is simply a rotten publicity stunt for Bristol's budding entertainment career... :mad: which I hope it's not...)

Its on here because Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston announced it to a popular magazine. If they wanted the privacy then they shouldn't have made it public.

While I agree a child needs a father and a mother, I have a real bad feeling about this. I think Bristol is going to regret this. She has made impulsive mistakes before. The one that I remember is that after the election, she appeared on Greta's show on Fox News and basically ridiculed abstinence education and then later said she was misquoted.

[quote="Ponyguy, post:11, topic:205284"]

(Unless this whole thing is simply a rotten publicity stunt for Bristol's budding entertainment career... :mad: which I hope it's not...)

[/quote]

Bristol has a budding entertainment career? Boy, have I been out of the loop since we got rid of our satellite dish! Please don't tell me it's a "reality t.v." series?

It's easy for me to say now, at the ripe old age of 39 and with fully formed Catholic morals, that I can't believe she'd take the guy back after what he did to her family, but then I remember all the INCREDIBLY STUPID STUFF I did as a teenager and early 20-something because I thought I was "in love" and knew better than all the well meaning people trying to warn me. :shrug: So, best wishes and lots of prayers for them :gopray:

In Christ,

Ellen

[quote="ALLGIRLS, post:13, topic:205284"]
Bristol has a budding entertainment career? Boy, have I been out of the loop since we got rid of our satellite dish! Please don't tell me it's a "reality t.v." series?

It's easy for me to say now, at the ripe old age of 39 and with fully formed Catholic morals, that I can't believe she'd take the guy back after what he did to her family, but then I remember all the INCREDIBLY STUPID STUFF I did as a teenager and early 20-something because I thought I was "in love" and knew better than all the well meaning people trying to warn me. :shrug: So, best wishes and lots of prayers for them :gopray:

In Christ,

Ellen

[/quote]

As far as I know the only thing she has done lately is make an appearance on the American Teenagers. Unless I missed something I think this was her first acting part.

I agree with both you and Canadianguy. I'm just shaking my head at hearing this news. Most likely Sarah has had a long talk with her about all this. I know if Bristol was my daughter I would. However, Bristol is an adult and will do what she wants.

[quote="Teelynn, post:3, topic:205284"]

[/quote]

She's probably none too happy about it, but, being the good Christian mother we all believe she is, I expect Mrs Palin will try put any feelings of animosity she may have aside and try to make the best of it.

I don't see what's "criminal" about doing the right thing by your child and getting married.

I also don't see what's being done to "Sarah", or, rather, Mrs Palin (since I don't know her personally, and therefore am not on a first name basis).

Says Bristol [of Sarah Palin], “It is intimidating and scary just to think about what her reaction is going to be. Hopefully she will jump on board.”

[/quote]

I wonder if this would make for a good reality television series?? :)

[quote="gamewell45, post:16, topic:205284"]
I wonder if this would make for a good reality television series?? :)

[/quote]

I think it already has.

Now those kids are classy! Their parents have taught them well!!:thumbsup:

As I am a libertarian, there are many elements of Sarah Palin's viewpoints that I find objectionable.

However, regarding the news about Bristol and Levi's engagement, I wish them a loving and happy marriage. Good for them. :)

I really hope they make it.
I hope Sarah Palin will just be supportive, and leave it at that.

Levi apologized for his mistakes to the family. Now let them get on with their lives.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.