Britain's Brexit firebrand Farage meets Trump in New York

reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-britain-farage-idUSKBN1370P0

**Leading Brexit campaigner Nigel Farage visited Donald Trump at his home on Saturday, after suggesting he could act as a go-between to help smooth British relations with the U.S. president-elect.

British Prime Minister Theresa May is not expected to meet the incoming leader until early next year and Farage has suggested her criticisms of Trump in the early days of the campaign could damage ties with Washington.

“We’re just tourists!” Farage, head of the UK Independence Party (UKIP), told reporters as he waited for an elevator to take him up to the meeting at Trump Tower in New York City.

He later tweeted a photograph of himself with Trump standing in front of a pair of golden doors and smiling broadly, the president-elect giving the camera a thumbs-up.

“It was a great honor to spend time with @realDonaldTrump,” Farage tweeted. “He was relaxed and full of good ideas. I’m confident he will be a good President.”

Trump’s election campaign manager Kellyanne Conway said: “I think they enjoy each other’s company, and they actually had a chance to talk about freedom and winning and what this all means for the world.”**

The article continues at the link.

I bet Obama is not excited about this.

May he have a life of peace and reflection after leaving the white house. maybe take up painting like GWB.

More like more golfing!

Maybe he’ll retire in Hawaii.

He must be exhausted. I wish him a peaceful retirement.

He is too young to retire! He is not ready to leave the limelight yet!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.