Britains Got Talent 2009 - Susan Boyle

youtube.com/watch?v=luRmM1J1sfg

Just in case you all have not seen this…

And in case you are wondering why I posted this here, well I am on travel in New Orleans and about to go to mass (7:30PM CST) and I saw this on the news. This clip serves to inspire and remind me to follow our dreams and not to judge or discount others because we do not always know what God has in store for us.

I would love to know her story.

Anyone heard of her? 48 years old lady with AMAZING sound auditioning for Britain Got Talent. Never judge people from their appearance. Very humbling indeed.

And she’s devoted Catholic!

youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

deadlinescotland.wordpress.com/2009/04/14/i-want-to-make-my-dead-mum-proud-864/

(moderator: please move this to Popular Media if that’s more appropriate)

I saw this last eve on the web & was amazed. It was sort of funny to watch the judges go from almost snide facial expressions to captivated. This clip serves to remind us not to judge a person based on appearance - but rather to get to know the person as a child of God who has gifts & abilities no matter how they may seem at first. I hope Susan does well in the contest.

That was nice. I hope everyone in that audience learned a lesson

I saw it thanks to the Deacon’s Bench. That was one of the most inspiring things I’ve ever seen.

I’ve never seen Simon Cowell so obviously pleased with a contestant on one of his shows. He must have been thinking, “***This ***is why I got into this to begin with, why I’ve been listening to all these losers for all these years.”

Sad how most everyone judged her & was eager to dismiss her based on appearance. Then she started to sing. What a beautiful voice! I hope Ms. Boyle wins!:slight_smile:

I saw this a couple of days ago. Way cool! The link I saw had other video and I watched one with a little 6 year old girl missing her front teeth that sang Somewhere Over the Rainbow. The sound quality wasn’t that great but it was the same kind of reaction.

I saw this too-she had a better voice than most other people who competer in things like this!

Love the expression on Simon’s face…he was probably ready to mock, but left with wonder…

Her voice is so beautiful. She’ll be hired to do voice-overs for actresses who can’t sing half as well, but have the beautiful faces and bodies.

I hope someone will cast her as the star of a musical soon. It would be a smash hit. She’s a natural.

This is a wonderful story! I love it! Her story is nearly poetic and it looks like her dreams may yet come true…

today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/30226154#30226154

She should be cast as Mary Poppins in the current musical. She looks just like the picture in the children’s book (the original).

I’m guessing that right now, all over the world, writers, composers, and lyricists, well-established Tony-winning ones and total unknowns and lots of grad students, have been inspired and are hard at work trying to create Susan Boyle’s debut musical! I can’t wait to see which one actually gets produced!

Thank you for posting this link.

An amazing voice. I would love to hear her at mass

I don’t know why the judges and audience were so shocked. She seemed like a lovely woman even before she sang.

She is featured w/ the youtube link on the front page of my comcast news site. I am so happy for this gal.

I never watch or care for those shows much. This was indeed an exception. Very inspirational. Thank you for posting it.

My children found this and *dragged *me over to see it–That video is sooo wonderful.

And she’s Catholic!!! :extrahappy:

I must say, you Brits sure got some talent over there. First its Paul Potts, then Andrew Johnston, now Susan Boyle. Very talented people. Diamonds in the rough. I think that’s how the expression goes. If you’ve never heard Paul Potts or Andrew Johnston, Google them or do a search on YouTube. Very impressive.

I must say, you Brits sure got some talent over there. First its Paul Potts, then Andrew Johnston, now Susan Boyle. Very talented people. Diamonds in the rough. I think that’s how the expression goes. If you’ve never heard Paul Potts or Andrew Johnston, Google them or do a search on YouTube. Very impressive

She made me cry, beautiful voice.:slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.