British Crisis Pregnancy Centre Plans Campaign to Counter Abortion Ads

British Crisis Pregnancy Centre Plans Campaign to Counter Abortion Ads

TODAY'S HEADLINES | SEND NEWS TIPS | DONATE
SHARE: E-MAIL PRINT

By Hilary White

LONDON, June 17, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) – The Good Counsel Network, a British pro-life crisis pregnancy centre, is raising funds to launch a counter campaign against abortion ads currently airing on British television.

The group is planning a poster campaign for the London public transit system that would feature a famous painting of the Madonna and Child and the caption “Maria Stops Abortion.” The slogan is a pun on the name of one of the world’s largest abortionist groups, Marie Stopes International, which is currently advertising its abortion services on Channel 4.

The group hopes to reach some of the 3.4 million commuters that the Tube carries to and from London every weekday. Their latest newsletter said the rate for Tube advertising is £20 per carriage for 2 weeks. The system runs as many as 500 trains at a time, each having 6 or more carriages, and the group is looking for funding to put the signs in as many of those carriages as possible.

The strongly Catholic Good Counsel Network offers free pregnancy tests, counseling and practical help for women who may be considering abortion
lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/jun/10061703.html

Aside from being, you know, horrifying beyond all reason, like selling lampshades made of Jewish flesh on QVC... doesn't Britain think advertising abortion services is just a bit tacky?

Man, I'm glad I'm not British sometimes.

[quote="Wowbagger, post:2, topic:202372"]
Aside from being, you know, horrifying beyond all reason, like selling lampshades made of Jewish flesh on QVC... doesn't Britain think advertising abortion services is just a bit tacky?

Man, I'm glad I'm not British sometimes.

[/quote]

Putfully,put,Old Bean.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.