British Muslims have more faith in UK than Britons, study finds [Muslim didn't eat my hamster! ]

British Muslims have more faith in the UK than other Britons - from The Times.

Eeek!:eek: throws hamsters at muslims

Oh, sure. And why would that be, hmmm? It wouldn’t be because the UK has more hamsters than any other nation on earth, would it?

Current population projections estimate there are approximately 6.8 billion hamsters in the world, divided into several categories based on physical features. The country with the highest population of hamsters is currently England, with approximately 3.6 billion hamsters running wild on the heaths.

hamsterliberationfront.com/doctor.htm

ham-ster is not halal for jews either.

In related (sort of) news, according to a Rassmussen poll Evangelicals and Protestants are more likely than Catholics to think commencement speakers should reflect university’s the values:

Fifty-six percent (56%) of Catholics say it’s at least somewhat important for graduation speakers to share the university’s views at schools with religious affiliations. Eighty-seven percent (87%) of Evangelical Christians hold that view as do 63% of other Protestants. Among non-Christians, 42% agree.

Muslims worship a false god and follow a false prophet. All the faith in the world will not save them.

Its very disturbing to live in the UK when the Muslims then come out and say they want to bring in sharia law :eek: Last time I looked it was a Christian Country …

Aren’t hamsters haram?

What on earth is wrong with Muslims having Sharia arbitration courts in the same way as, say, Jews have Beth Din courts?

Last time I looked, the UK had a significant majority for ‘religiously pretty indifferent’.

Not when sharia law allows for muslim men to marry girls nine and younger …

If they want to follow their laws they can go to a muslim country and follow them. We have laws in my country and they knew this when they moved here.

The kinds of arbitration courts envisaged exist under an umbrella of British Law - as do the Beth Din - they can’t decide anything that goes against British Law. One can get a legal divorce, for example, but if one wants a ‘religious divorce’ one goes to the Beth Din.

If they want to follow their laws they can go to a muslim country and follow them. We have laws in my country and they knew this when they moved here.

So, if I want to start a Kosher Lettuce Company, I should move to Israel?

Why would they be haram? They aren’t predators or pigs. So long as they didn’t die of natural causes, wouldn’t eating them be permitted?

I don’t know. I don’t know why any of these prohibitions exist in the first place. What’s wrong with eating pork?

For anybody puzzled by the hamster question . . . .

There was once a famous headline in the British paper ‘The Sun’ about a British bad-boy comedian (allegedly) ‘Freddie Star Ate My Hamster!’ and it became one of the most notorious headlines ever – part of newspaper folk lore – like ‘Gotcha!’ (sinking of the Argentinian cruiser Belgrano during the Falklands War) and ‘Up Yours Delors’ (about a EU commissioner The Sun hated).

The whole thing was manufactured/trivia – like a lot of the stories about Muslims in the News sections of CAF have been or have turned out to be – and I’ve repeatedly called them ‘Muslim ate my hamster!’ stories.

So, since I was launching a thread about a poll that showed that the majority of Muslims were, actually, terribly conventional in their attitudes about UK institutions, I used the phrase ‘Muslim didn’t eat my hamster!’

I had to look it up, but it seems to be forbidden in the Quran:
"The Holy Qur’an, 5:3 - Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah; that which hath been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by being gored to death; that which hath been (partly) eaten by a wild animal; unless ye are able to slaughter it (in due form); that which is sacrificed on stone (altars)… "
special.worldofislam.info/Food/halal_haram.html

Kaninchen, I am just glad your hamster is safe.

:wink:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.