British police raid pub in search for 'Holy Grail'

news.yahoo.com/british-police-raid-pub-search-holy-grail-163716296.html;_ylt=AwrBJR88reNTlHsAYIHQtDMD

Discuss amongst yourselves…

Input from medievalists and Monty Python experts is especially welcome.

There are a lot of myths in merrie olde England and the grail myth is one of them. St Joseph of Arimithea is supposed to have brought the grail with him to England. He supposedly threw the grail in A Holy Well to protect it. And people are still looking. Also look up, if you want the myths about the Glastonbury Bush.

GKC is the real expert on olde English myths. I wish he were here.

Well, I am here, for what good it might do. I’m no expert on the English folk tale, or the Glastonbury mythos, though I have a book or three. What you say is the same as what I know about this, roughly. The Nateos Cup I was familiar with, though I couldn’t have told you the name.

That the Glastonbury myths include the tale that Joseph of Arimathea brought a vessel(s) containing the blood and sweat of Our Lord, and buried it (them) at Glastonbury, which later became that the vessel he brought was the Grail, hidden in the Chalice Well. As with the Nateos Cup, but with more lineage, it is pious myth. Though, for those who like such tales, Lionel S. Smith’s ST. JOSEPH OF ARIMATHEA AT GLASTONBURY is a classic source.

MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL (as well as the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch) is, of course, unembellished history.

GKC

:doh2:

The grail is in Catalonia, duh

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.