British wonder why system did not stop rapist father

iht.com/articles/ap/2008/11/26/europe/EU-Britain-Incest.php

Life Dynamics had a 13 year old girl call many Planned Parenthood seeking an abortion and they posted the phone calls on the internet. Did the main media care, no. Now they are wondering how this can happen?

Prosecutors told the court that the man raped his daughters from the time they were 8 or 10 years old, beating them when they resisted. Over a 25-year period he impregnated them 19 times, and they bore seven surviving children. Two more infants died at birth, while the other pregnancies ended in abortion or miscarriage. None of the family can be named because of reporting restrictions to protect the identity of the victims and their children.

Erm? What have the antics of ‘Life Dynamics’ and ‘Planned Parenthood’ in the US got to do with a case in a different country where neither exist?

It doesn’t matter whether it is the US or England. England has abortion clinics.

Life Dynamic tried to bring attention to the fact that young girls were being abuse by older males - sexual predators. This girl did over 800 phone calls and told Planned Parenthood that she was only 13 and her boyfriend was 21+ and that she was seeking an abortion. Not once did any Planned Parenthood adult question or report abuse.

I believe there is a law in the US about reporting suspected statutory rape cases which applies to anyone under a certain age. Once you no longer adhere to the law, care about young girls, or how they got pregnant, why pretend that they really want to catch cases of abuse.

plannedparenthoodexposed.com/

This case is unbelievable. He is their dad.

I believe Kinsey had a similar case. An older woman later came forth and said she had been molested by a predator dad and that Kinsey used her when she was a little girl in a case study. She requested that the files be open so that she could see them but was never allow to view them.

I know about the Life Dynamics/Planned Parenthood thing.

I still don’t know what that has to do with the UK case. There are, surely, lots of opportunities for threads getting cross about Planned Parenthood without hanging them on something that happened in another country where the organization involved doesn’t exist.

This case is unbelievable.

And exists in a different context.

originally posted by Kaninchen
I still don’t know what that has to do with the UK case. There are, surely, lots of opportunities for threads getting cross about Planned Parenthood without hanging them on something that happened in another country where the organization involved doesn’t exist.

It doesn’t matter if it is Planned Parenthood or Maria Stopes. It is about medical professionals who are required to report any suspected case of abuse that they encounter?

Over a 25-year period he impregnated them 19 times, and they bore** seven** surviving children. Two more infants died at birth, while the other pregnancies ended in abortion or miscarriage.

Indeed it is but it hasn’t got anything to do with ‘Planned Parenthood’, has it? It’s a failure of ‘joined-up thinking’ (to borrow a cliché) in the system in the UK.

originally posted by Kaninchen
Indeed it is but it hasn’t got anything to do with ‘Planned Parenthood’, has it? It’s a failure of ‘joined-up thinking’ (to borrow a cliché) in the system in the UK.

No it has nothing to do with United States’ Planned Parenthood but I assume that these girls went to a medical facility in the UK to get their abortions.

I don’t buy that this is just a failure of the system. We have heard that over and over again.

To me, it is devaluation of females; some young girls have always been abused by older men. With abortion, we take away the evidence of the act and pretend it just never happens. That is why this dad could repeatedly rape his daughters and no one noticed.

They did have some live children but why did they not even raise questions about these babies such as where were their dads? The brother even told the authorities about the incest - nothing.

Which would require, in the case of each abortion, referrals from two doctors - note: not the agreement of a doctor to perform the abortion but, because it’s the UK not the US, referral from two different doctors before the agreement of another doctor altogether to perform it, something that might put what you are not ‘buying’ into a somewhat different context.

Didn’t exactly help when the girls kept flat-out denying that there was anything wrong, of course.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.