Broke Up with Girlfriend and Estranged from Everyone

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can pray for me. Today I broke up with my girlfriend and there’s little hope that we’ll get back together. I never really trusted her but I was so drawn to her that I really loved her despite her telegraphing herself that she either didn’t want a serious relationship or that she was untrustworthy. She also came from another religion, one which I personally view with disgust and she always seemed to show that she didn’t like mine either. Despite these differences I would’ve married her because when we get along we really get along but today that all collapsed. Furthermore, I am estranged from my entire family and my neighbors and I am afraid that I will soon react in ways unbefitting a Christian man. I feel like leaving my home and leaving the state before such a thing can happen. I have always felt that there was nothing here for me anyway so I think that it’s time to leave even though I have no money, just a Master’s degree I never used. Reconciliation with the people around me, other than my family who view me as a charity case, is nearly impossible and I genuinely fear myself more than anyone else. I will be forty next year and I still can’t seem to get my life together, no alcohol and no drugs but I have been clean five years so it was a problem years ago. I also would like to add that I did all of this to myself and I take full responsibility for all of it but if I don’t leave now I think that I never will, unless it’s someone taking me somewhere I don’t want to go and I don’t want that happening. Does anyone have any advice? If not then please pray for me. Thank you.

We’re not allowed to give advice on the Prayer Intentions forum. We just offer prayers. I pray that God blesses you with patience and that He continues to guide you. Amen.

J,
You’ve been living under worldly rules. Not Gods! Family healing is a must BUT sometimes it takes awhile & may not be able to happen.
CHARITY CASE! HMMM! What career are you suppose to be in?? What was your MASTERS ! WOW ! A MD is great! You’re not a loser.
This is the time for you to hold steady and not run away. The girl is a fizzle. Thank God. Get back in church. Get active in Bible study. Ground yourself in your faith. After getting strong in your faith, help w RCIA. Maybe God will provide a help mate through RCIA.
First: get a good job to take care of yourself fully. Get an apt. Get furniture. Be in the job at least a year! No dating till you can afford a wife and family. Dating is not for fun or sex but to get to know someone for marriage. When you are a provider, then, you date. After a few months of stability, reach out to your family. If your family drives you to drink, make up over the phone or by e-mail.
Jobs, if you can’t find one where you are, that’s Gods way of saying Move. But your family situation should be better.
Ppl in church can guide you. Go talk to priest and go to confession.
Church, Job, Provider income, Family.

11 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
16 Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.
Humble yourself, in the sight of the Lord and He will raise you up! Higher & Higher.
In Jesus name
Amen

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

For Help in Trials

Most holy apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases–of things despaired of. Pray for me who feels so hopeless. Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege accorded to you of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, in particular (J_the_Centrist), and that I may bless God with you and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise you, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb,
Jesus .
Holy Mary ,
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of death,
Amen

Thank you for your kind words and for telling me the rules.

I have been out of work for health reasons, needed surgery and everything. The woman I spoke of is not a bad person, nor was/is it purely out of carnal lust. We are both lonely - bothers her way more than me though I greatly fear it will when I’m “looking up at the ceiling” years from now if I make it if you know what I mean - people and I suppose we decided to take a journey together. Only God can help me now because when I return to my job I will not have enough money to move out, not in NYC and not with the job I have. The situation with my neighbors, all of whom I am mutually estranged can result in terrible consequences and I’d like to avoid that. My family, I love them all dearly, but they are of no help to me now and I am of no help to them. That’s why it would be better for everyone, including me, if I just left with what little money I have. I must pray much on this.
Thank you!

Our Father Who Art in Heaven
Hollowed be Thy Name
Thy Kingdom come
Thy Will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us
And lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil

For Thine is the Kingdom, Power and the Glory of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, both now and forever and unto ages of ages.

Amen

Saying prayers for you.

The Lord bless you, and keep you.
The Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious unto you.
The Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and grant you peace.

God Bless you and the path you choose …

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. x10

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Dear Drac,
I know on the old system we weren’t to give advice.
I thought this new forum, it was different. Ppl had been giving advice??
I use to PM w advice. Sometimes advice w a prayer.
Please clarify. I don’t want to be rebellious. Or I’d rather try to be good.
God bless

I will pray for your intentions during morning Mass and when I pray the rosary.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. x10

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Thanks everyone, this helps more than you know.:heart:

Praying for you with all my heart

Thank you!

Lifting you up to our Lord.

Saying prayers for you.

The Lord bless you, and keep you.
The Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious unto you.
The Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and grant you peace.

Hail Mary
Full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb,
Jesus
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of death, Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.