Broken Heart

I feel that it’s wrong to ask for prayers for this because in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t amount to much. But my heart is hurting over a past relationship.

I dated John 2 years ago. In fact, this is the time of year he broke it off with me. I really felt that he was “the one”. I met some very dear friends of him one evening and one of them made a point to tell me that he’s “always so good to women and ends up getting treated badly”. I thought to myself that the last thing I wanted to do was hurt him. Anyway, I saw him a few days later, he told me again how much his friends liked me,and he left. Permanently. Said he didn’t know what he wanted from dating, and some other excuses.

I see him occassionally because he lives in my neigborhood. And I’ve recently seen him with a woman. I hate to say it, but it hurts. I feel jealous and I wonder what she has that I don’t. Why did he pick her and not me? Does he maybe somehow enjoy being treated badly? Is it a comfortable pattern for him?

I’ve prayed in the past about this situation and for God to reunite us, but I don’t know if I was ready for that, or if it would even be the right thing for me. I do know that I would handle this (and any other ) relationship differently. It kind of left me feeling that I was only seen as body parts and not as a worthwhile human being, an I am never going down a road that makes me feel that way again.

May I ask for some prayers that if it be God’s will that John and I reunite and have the kind of relationship God wants us to have; and if I have to let go, to please allow me to let go and find what is right for me?

Thank you!

St Dwynwen, pray for Denise that her heart may be healed and that she may fulfill the vocation God has called her too. Let her find her true love and discern God’s holy will, in Jesus name amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

St. Jude, pray for us!

Saint Joseph, i recommend Denise to you.please heal her broken heart and give her the comfort she needs during this difficult time in her life. Amen.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Lord, Denise has learned a great deal from her relationship with her ex-boyfriend. Please help her to keep her excellent resolution to keep chaste, and help her to find a boyfriend who will respect her as a sister in Christ and as a consecrated (at baptism) child of yours. May she find joy and happiness in a good, chaste, and holy relationship with a boy, and be blessed for her virtue. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.

Thank you. My heart is hurting tonight about this. Your prayers are appreciated. I want to accept God’s will in this and be free of this hurt.

*Discernment of the Lords will for one’s self is a difficult but nobel undertaking and I pray your answered swiftly and can acept his calling for your life ( which my not always be the same as your hearts desire).

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us form the fires of hell, lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of your mercy. Amen. *

Please continue to pray for me. My thoughts are consumed with him right now. I know it isn’t the biggest problem in the world,but my heart hurts so much. Please pray for God’s help for me.

Thank you.

I’m sorry I keep posting in my own thread. I hurting tonight because I keep thinking of him.

I know that with God all thing are possible, but how do I know when to just let go and face that it’s not meant to be? If he had always been hurt in relationships, I wouldn’t have hurt him. Why couldn’t he see that?

I’m sorry. This sounds so foolish. Please don’t only pray for me and my heart, but for him to. If it’s meant to be,please ask the Lord to help him see that.

Dear God, when John and I were together I was wrong about so many things, and I was too foolish at the time to realize it. I wasn’t living my life according to what would be pleasing to you, and looking back, I am filled with regret and shame. I am truly sorry for being so foolish.

I feel that I have learned so much recently. I used to think I knew it all, but now I know that’s not true. I thought I was doing things right, and then when I was disappointed, I wondered why things were going wrong and I was unhappy.

John has been hurt in the past, too. He may be making the same mistakes and repeating the same pattern of behavior that leads him to pick women who treat him badly and hurt him. Please help him to break that cycle. I believed that he and I were the missing parts of each other. Maybe the timing was wrong for us both. I’ve learned, and I hope he has as well.

I want so much to be reunited with him. I ask you to please bring our hearts together again. This time, in the right way. With wisdom and respect for one another,and allow a mature loving relationship to develop.

In Jesus name I pray.

Remember, O most compassionate Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your assistance, or sought your intercession, was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, we fly unto you, O Virgin of Virgins, our Mother; to you we come; before you we kneel sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not our petitions, but in your clemency hear and answer them. Amen.

God of love, may I come quickly to thee, when I am in need of protection and sympathy.
Guard me against sorrow that is drawn from the imagination.
May I not allow grief to drag me into misery, but with strength and courage
may I find happiness in thy daily will.
Amen

A Prayer to Redeem Lost Time, by St. Teresa of Avila

O my God! Source of all mercy! I acknowledge Your sovereign power.
While recalling the wasted years that are past, I believe that You, Lord,
can in an instant turn this loss to gain.
Miserable as I am, yet I firmly believe that You can do all things.
Please restore to me the time lost, giving me Your grace, both now
and in the future, that I may appear before You in “wedding garments.”
Amen.
:signofcross:

The holidays can be difficult, praying you can get through this rough spot. :console:

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Lord please heal our friends broken heart.Please guide her and we pray that she will be able to move forward in her life in a positive way that she will feel Your love for her and be comforted.Thankyou Lord for hearing our prayers Amen

I just posted the same thing today… I can empathize with your pain, and I’ll be praying for you too :slight_smile:

Lord please heal our friends broken heart.Please guide her and we pray that she will be able to move forward in her life in a positive way that she will feel Your love for her and be comforted.Thankyou Lord for hearing our prayers Amen

Praying for your intentions….

Lord Jesus, You have said, “Learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart.” With confidence in Your loving heart which offers rest to weary souls, we come to You in this time of special need. In Your unfailing love, read the prayer that is written on our hearts, and grant the grace that we ask of You, in accordance with Your holy will. In Your name we pray. Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, and sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother, to thee I come, before thee I stand sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate! Despise not my petitions, but, in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.

Thank you everyone for your prayers!

Over the last couple of weeks I have experienced a change in the way I’m thinking and feeling. The pain has subsided and I have finally accepted that if being together is not in God’s plan, then that is what is best.

I pray that everyone else who is struggling with a lost relationship finds the comfort that they need and the courage and strength to move on!

Praying for you, I know it hurts.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

What an amazing and thoughtful person you are.I am so happy for you that you are feeling so positive.How generous of you to think of others in a similar position to yourself.
May God bless you

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.