Broncos will celebrate Mass with the Archbishop of Denver before Super Bowl!

denverpost.com/broncos/ci_25013126/archbishop-aquila-celebrate-mass-broncos-before-super-bowl

:thumbsup:

You know, in case any of you guys were on the fence about who you are rooting for…

I LOVED the story!!! Thank you for sharing!

Still rooting for the Seahawks.

Will this news change the point spread? Peyton Manning with God on his side would be unbeatable.:cool:

It should! But I doubt there are many Catholics setting the numbers in Vegas. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I remember hearing Peyton is a churchgoer of some kind (Methodist or something, I think), so I guess he already does? haha

And now I’m rooting for the Bronco’s.

This is a great story

Great story. Still, as an Eagles fan, I couldn’t care less who wins. Pitchers and catchers report in about 2 weeks. :thumbsup:

Jon

Goes back to the old argument about whether praying that the other side loses is valid or not, because effectively that’s what these types of prayers are about.

Praying that one performs to the best of his or her ability is another matter.

Just saying.

I have absolutely no interest in either team (Pats fan), but because of this article I guess I will rout for the Broncos. :thumbsup:

Good for them.:thumbsup:

That could explain why my prayers for a Cubs World Series championship seem to have gone unanswered for so long.:frowning:

I once asked Bishop D’Arcy how many Hail Marys it would take to get my Cubs into the World Series against his Red Sox, so we could avenge our 1918 defeat at the hands of a left-handed pitcher named Babe Ruth. His answer was that such an event would surely signal the end of the world. This was before the Red Sox overcame their own curse.

The 1985 movie, “Back to the Future” had a scene where the news showed the story, Cubs Win Series Again. Even the date for that joke is rapidly approaching. Maybe they will have to re-edit the movie so the joke will be relevant.

The problem is when people keep on praying to win the lottery, for example, and keep losing, they tend to stop praying altogether.

That said, if the Cubs can go .500 this year, it will be as good as the WS for me. :slight_smile:

This Chiefs fan will NEVER root for the Broncos :stuck_out_tongue:

Funny you mention Back To the Future Part II, just saw this on Facebook (i’m still waiting for the Hoverboard :p) :

funnywallphotos.com/supposed-dress-starting-next-year/

:thumbsup:

Go Broncos!

Whoo hoo…GO BRONCOS!!!:thumbsup:

The story is very interesting.

However, I’m pretty sure there are Catholics on all 32 NFL teams, and those who are typically do attend a Mass on Sunday. It’s not as if the whole team attends, because some are Catholic and some are not. So I don’t know why you would root for any team just because of this story. I know that my favorite NFL team (not the Broncos) has a Catholic chaplain, because I know him personally.

Good points. I didn’t think all Catholics on the Seattle team were planning to skip Sunday or Sat night Mass.

It would be interesting, though, to see what would happen if a few of those Seattle players sneaked into the Archbishop’s Mass. Would he exclude them? :eek:

Finally found something to disagree with you on:

Go Hawks!!

Ishii

:smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.