Brother-in-law

About a month ago my brother-in-law, had a stroke. They have sent him home to die. They have given him three months but I talked to my sister today and she does not think he will last that long. She is afraid that it is a matter of days. They started dating when he was sixteen and she was fifteen. They have been married for 52 years. I have known this man since I was four years old. He is truly a brother to me. I really do not remember him not being in my life. He has six children. Prayers for him and his family would be much appreciated.

Praying For Your Brother-in-law And Family
Grandma Glor

I’m praying the Chaplet of Divine Mercy on your brother-in-law’s behalf.

Praying and hoping that someone will make sure to call a priest so that your brother-in-law receives the Sacrament of the Sick.

~~ the phoenix

Your post touches my heart and I hardly know what so say. But I will remember you all in my prayes and Masses

Your post touches my heart and I hardly know what to say. But I will remember you all in my prayes and Masses

Your post touches my heart and I hardly know what to say. But I will remember you all in my prayes and Masses,

Trishie

Priest was called when he had the stroke.

I appreciate the prayers and answers.

Thank you

His name is Gerry.

***+JMJTJ+

Your loved ones will be in my prayers.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen***

I will say a rosary for you and your family now. I will also pray the Divine Mercy.
God Bless,
Pam

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for your brother-in-law, Gerry, and family. :crossrc:

god bless you and your sister

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

He passed this morning. Thank you for all your prayers.

I would like prayers for our a safe journey. His funeral will be a thirteen hour drive for me. I will be picking up family members first. One of his daughters is going in a car that is old and she is not sure it will make it.

+JMJTJ+

I am so sorry for your loss!
May Christ console and protect you and your loved ones.
May his soul rest in peace.

***You have my prayers. ***
God bless +

amen
grandma glor

Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord and let the perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen.

My deepest sympathy to you and your family in the loss of this good man who you love so much. Prayers for all.

My sister is having him cremated. She is really going through a rough time. Not only the loss of her husband but a financial strain as well.

She hasn’t arranged with the parish yet for his funeral. The cremation I understand will take five days when they begin the process and there are others before him. I don’t understand any of this.

The mass was beautiful. The funeral mass was in the chapel of Elizabeth Ann Seton in Las Vegas. An awe inspiring Church. The trip was long and my nieces car broke down. We were fortunate that it broke where it did. The fuel pump went out. The man was very kind and had it fixed in four hours. I had my car and we went on ahead since we had two children under the age of 3. We arrived at our hotel just after midnight. My niece 3 hours later. Our return trip was uneventful but I didn’t sleep for 24 hours. I couldn’t have done it without prayer. Thank you to all who prayed for us.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.