Brother Vouthon

I have learned much about God and the way I am supposed to be from a young man who is a Catholic. He goes by Vouthon here.

He showed me through his own example that the most important thing is love of God, which is directly translated into love of my fellow human beings. Before I met Vouthon, I thought being right was the most important thing. But it is not. Being right is nothing if I have not love for the people I meet and see and interact with.

Love is real truth. Intellectual and conceptual understanding is much less real. I like the way Paul expresses this reality:

IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not love, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

And if I should have prophecy and should know all mysteries, and all knowledge, and if I should have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing.

And if I should distribute all my goods to feed the poor, and if I should deliver my body to be burned, and have not love, it profiteth me nothing.

I just wanted to acknowledge the power of Christian example by my Catholic brother Vouthon. A great teacher!

I must concur. I have read many wise things form brother Vouthon. :thumbsup:

Peace!!!

Thanks for posting this sentiment, Matthew. God Bless.

As a non-Catholic ~

I concur…!

Wonderful words of wisdom…thanks for posting them.
Mary.

Nope, I don’t like brother Vouthon, nor do I ever pray for him, and I will most certainly NOT, no not ever, agree with his approach to forum dialogue.

SHOCKING example…

:eek:

May I also say dear Matthew, you’re not such a bad example yourself :wink:
(I will never remember you in my prayers either)

:stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley:

…anyway, I will try not to deflect attention from the worthy Vouthon…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.