Brothers ans Sisters of Charity?

www.littleportion.org

Is this an orthodox and faithful group? Are they approved by the Church as a monastic community? I noticed that John Michael Talbot is the spiritual leader and founder, but surely they have a priest come by and celebrate Mass, right? Any info would be GREATLTY appreciated!

Matt

According to the website, the community has canonical status. They are orthodox and faithful to the Church. I have heard JMT in concert and read some of his books. Very good. If you read all through the website you will get all the information you want. BTW, although he looks like a monk, and many people think he is a priest, he is, in fact, married.

**I would encourage any one to seek online and print information about them. Besides religious brothers and sisters, they have a “domestic expression” for those who live long distance from the monastery.

closed #4

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.